Current Best Single 18650 thrower

not budget whatsoever, but i think it would have to be the eagletac m25c2 turbo.
theres also the smaller version that throws like crazy too…m25c2

but as for budget, a convoy c8 with ar lens, buck driver, dedomed xpg2, and mods.

In reflector world there is nothing that can beat this 16340/18650(swap able tubes) light in size/performance ratio (350kcd, XPG2S4, FET driver) :

And in aspherical world it is this flashlight. Uniquefire 1508 with 75mm head

What is the reflectored light in your first pic?

Hi,

that is a Lumapower D-Mini VX2 with Turbo Force Head. FET Driver in this light is a pretty hard setup :wink:

Regards

Kenjii

Yes I deliberately did not wrote flashlight model :wink:

It looks like i need to read more on FET drivers. Hopefully its not something expensive as dont have budget as of the moment.

If you got to have modes check out the BLF driver.

Have to say I’m a little disappointed with these drivers. I bought 3 of them and 2 of them don’t work correctly. They sometimes fail to turn on, or mode switch, then work fine, then flicker.

I thought it was the torches I was putting them in causing it, but it wasn’t.

I’ve also had issues that when they get hot they stop mode switching, my BLF A6 does the same thing with it’s factory fitted driver.

Conceptually they should be great, but I’m hesitant to order more at the moment.

Do you know if the X5/X6 driver will be made available too? I like the fact I can switch the mode order to start on high with those.

Me like, me like, ME LIKE A HELL OFFA LOT!!!

Great light with ashtonishing performance, nice!

grtz
Nico

Is there any alternative fet driver lke the BLF that has no issues? was thinking
Of getting 2 of those.

I built a C8 for a friend with XP-L HI V2 3D and 3 amp Qlite with OP reflector. Measured with a Dr Meter 1330B at 3 meters I get 66 Kcd. I realize this may be a little high as the meter hasn’t been properly calibrated but out in the dark it’s easily showing 300 meters.

How about the Eagletac M25C2 Turbo?

I just ordered a BLF A6 driver. Has anyone knows how the throw differs using this as compared to the 3amp qlite driver in the same light like the convoy c8. Thanks

I also have a C8 direct drive XP-L HI light with this driver and I can tell you it has tons more throw than the 3 amp Qlite. At 5.2 amps (yeah I know, gotta work on that) I’m getting 110 Kcd for 660ish meters. In the real world at night, I can light 500 meters enough to see.

Edit: If you’re going to run DD you need a top notch battery with low internal resistance and bypass both springs. My best performer so far is the Samsung 30Q.

+1

Perfect Superthrower! Sadly discontinued …

Though maybe they were discontinued since I am seeing less dealers have them. Now I have to buy one since I have wanted one for a couple of years and the supply is drying up. Can buy one locally for $125 plus 7% tax, so $133.75. Any better deals around on the Eagletac M25C2 Turbo?

Same price, free shipping: “[GoingGear]”:EagleTac M25C2 Turbo 2 x CR123/1 x 18650 CREE XM-L2 980 Lumen LED Flas

I think you save on the tax, though.

Thanks, that’s the same store I was speaking of that is local. I would have to pay sales tax.

Just FYI. Have a modded MX-2 Javelot by DB Customs with a dedomed xpg2 that puts out 265Kcd. Awesome single 18650 thrower with 4 modes. It will out throw my stock TN32 which is no slouch. He hit it outta the park with this small torch. Love it!!!