Custom design of a XHP-70 Flood Light System (Updated Photos 7/11/16)

Could you give us a link for this heatsink please? How much does it weight?

Hello
It’s an Australian conpany. See the link below for dimensions and weight.
Also see the tab for pricing.

The one I got is the MF30-100

http://conradheatsinks.com/products/index.html

Some updates on build :wink:

Spend a few hours planning on how to wire everything up.

Now for some beam shots comparing a Niwalker MM15MB (6800lm), Light X7 (9000lm) and the Light Bar with wide lens and narrow lens (in theory should be between 20000 and 24000lm)
The photo isn’t showing very well but can clearly see even the trees at 130 meters. But what matters to me is the close wide beam, which is perfect spill with evenly distributed light and a very good 5000k tint which makes it look like sun light.

Long Distance

Close Distance

wauw what a heap of light! Awesome

Yes it is. And it’s a good tint too. Looks like daylight, which is perfect for working light to illuminate a huge area.
I’m happy with the outcome until now. Can’t wait for it all to be put together after the main parts get manufactured. :slight_smile:

As I explained above, unless you have some sort of special bin emitters and/or the heatsink performs wonderfully in keeping the emitters below binning temp, I doubt that breaks 20K lumens, though it should be pretty close.

Theory equals practice when any and all variables are considered.

Cheers ^:)

Update on the first prototype machining. :slight_smile:
Im happy its going somewhere now. First prototype will be complete in less than 2 weeks.

More updates of prototype manufacture :slight_smile:

Triangular slots remind me of Manker MK34.

More updates.

Black anodizing has been complete.
Looks pretty stealthy.

These are looking amazing. :+1:

Can’t wait to put it all together.

Bruno! I haven’t been on the forum for quite awhile, at least browsing, I have missed out on your awesome project! This looks absolutely amazing my friend! You are much further ahead than me on this.

I will PM you about some stuff…

That tint, to me, looks like 4000k, doesn’t it? What camera are you using? Settings?

How are the new drivers working for you?

+1
They sure are… very impressive!!! :+1:

Very professional looking.

Sorry didn’t see that there were messages.
Thank you.

Its a 5000k tint, looks like sunlight which is great.
Camera used was a Sony A7 MII with a 24-70mm F4.0 zeiss.

Had some issue with some of the drivers, but could have been my wrong use. Im still experimenting.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback. Its important for me to see if its going i the right direction.

Ok so i finally have all the items in hand.
Hope you enjoy the photos and please comment if you think there can be any improvements.

I will be doing an update on the heatsink as I’m not happy with all the wiring. Its too messy for me. So I’ll create slots on the heatsink so that the LED and drivers just drop in into their designated place. This will help with thermal conductivity and faster assembly. See last photos for better understanding.

Any lines that don’t look straight is camera artefacts as these were taken on mobile phone camera.

The finish inside and out:

Orings for water protection:

Assembly:

Lenses just fall into place, making it easy to swap for narrow, medium and wide lens. So user can design the light path to their own needs:

Glass/polycarbonate glass:

Front cover:

Securing front into the body. I have decided to updgrade from current M3 bolts to M4 for better robustness on next version. The M3 has too small of tool hole, making it easy to damage the screws while removing. Using M4 will have more material for stiffening of the screws. All screws used are 316 marine grade Stainless Steel:

What it looks like fully assembled without heatsink installed.
Handle for easy carry if its used as a light source for night work. For 4x4 vehicles, this is not required.

Wireing, it will have 3 modes, HIGH (4.8 amps per LED), MED (2.48amps) and LOW (1.36amps). It look messy because each mode needs a wire for each driver to activate the modes. Not so happy with the mess and assembly time.

Heatsink machining to fit driver and LED in their place with accuracy:

If form =function your onto a winner. :+1:

Looks absolutely amazing. Great to see this project coming to fruition.

Since you mentioned making a next version, one very minor thing I would change, would be to have the recesses for the lenses rotated so the tabs face the outside, instead of the inside, to make them less noticeable.