Custom High power LED light bar

Following

I received the heatsink and drivers while I was out of town for the week. Still waiting on the spot optics, which SHOULD HAVE been here like a week ago, can’t get a hold of them either.

The heatsink is very well made, nice and smooth ground, with a defined sharp edge. There seems to be a very slight curve on the surface length wise, but I am not worried about it as the housing will suck it into shape.

Now to get the heatsink drilled and tapped for 2mm screws. Speaking of which, can anyone source a nice stainless 2mm screw with a very low profile head on it? I can’t seem to find anything special.

!!

!!

!!

!!

Something like this?

I love it when they start to come to life.

Thanks PrinceV. Nice find on the company, here are the ones I need.

2mm button head screw

!!

!!

!!

Got the spot optics in. Unfortunately i will be out of town for the week so it will be a while before the heatsink gets tapped for LED 2mm screw mounting.

This is going to be great! :laughing:

:smiley:

This gonna be good

btw, where you buy those big LLC56 optic ?

Thanks. You can buy the optics from LEDNLIGHT.com

The small elliptical Carclo optics can be had from many places, i purchased from Digikey.

Looking forward to the end result of this. It’s the light bar I have wanted to make but just haven’t had the funds. So far you seem to be on the right track for sure, keep it up!

Thanks.

It’s gonna be pretty special for sure. Amazing really, the light output from one of the xhp-50’s in the 30mm flood, almost more light output than TWO 8 inch chinese (Kawell) light bars that I have installed on a forklift, and the light bars are rated for 2520 lumens each.

Hey guys, finally received a tap and needle vise to hold the small 2.5mm drill bit. Quickly soldered up some connections and taped on the optics and a buddy and I went out to test it out. It is exactly what I was looking for as far as beam profile and overall light output. The 5000k color is beautful to look at, everything pops and eye strain is non-existent, very nice to look at. I will get some proper beam shots as soon as I can… gotta stay up late, past 12:00 midnight until it’s completely dark. Considering the flat floods are partially obstructed by the spot optics, the flood lighting was affected minimally. The floods WILL be on a raised copper bar to elevate them to flush with the spot optics. Powering it with a 4s (14.8V Nom.) 6600mAh high power LiPo. Looks like the Forward Voltage for the XHP-50 J4-3B Bin is ~6.5 Volts.

!!

!!

!!

!!

!!

!!

This is awesome, can’t wait for beam shots!

Yeah, I’m really looking forward to the beam shots as well, this is an amazing project!
I can’t decide if I would want it with a quick release holder and electrical connection, so I could easily remove it when I park the car - or some sort of locked bolt system, similar to the kind people with expensive wheels use… wouldn’t want some dumb ass punk to steal it! :wink:

Honestly I’d put my vote in toward security bolts. Using a mount which utilized 4 or even 6 mounting screws you could use 2-3 types of security screws to add difficulty in trying to remove it… or just go for broke and do this. You know, just because it’s always fun to take things overboard. Honestly though, those screws are tempting. I just would prefer to get them in smaller quantities, or maybe do a group order for them.

Alternatively, you could always make your own fasteners.

Tonight.

Looking forward to the pics! Looks good so far!