Cyansky HS6R - Headlamp with three types of light, 18650 battery from Cyansky

The Headlamp HS6R combines a long range diode, a high color rendering flood diode and two red light diodes. Total output of 1400 lumens.
The headlight comes in a cardboard box with inscriptions on it for functionality, lighting time of all modes. The HS6R itself is in a plastic form so that it does not move inside the box. It comes in a complete set ready to use - the headband which is mounted on a metal holder with the ability to change the angle of illumination, a wide headband that is just behind the back of the head, with the headband also mounted for the band. There is no middle part for the overhead. The headband has a very cool Cyansky lettering. In the box there is also a 3M adhesive pad, 2 spare silicone rings, a booklet with operating instructions, a warranty card, a USB to USB Type C charging cable. There is also a card on which it is explained that the battery is at the factory charge and must charged before use. A 2600mAh Cyansky 18650 battery is installed in headlamp, with a plastic cut-out on the negative side to prevent it from turning on during transport and must be removed to use the headlamp. 18650 is enough for the headlamp, if it were 21700 it would increase weight and Cyansky use 18650. The battery in the kit has a Micro USB port for charging, it is longer than a standard 18650 without protection, so I assume this have protection. The other interesting thing is that it also is button top, which should be noted. Tried the VTC6 with a flat plus and it works fine but loses contact when I shake headlamp.

Battery, port, threads, spring, charge, charged:

Moving on to HS6R - absolutely great build quality, complete set ready to use, great anodising, no sharp edges, comes completely ready to use. The metal holder is something different from the mass rubber and plastic ones, absolutely secure attachment for the headband, no heat problem when headlight heats. The headband is mounted on the holder with a circular rail that is mounted on a metal structure to which the headband attaches. The headset itself has a USB Type C port for charging without the need to remove the battery (which also has a charge port). There are two switches for all kinds of diodes and modes. The Type C port is fast and in about 2-2:30 hours will charge the battery in the kit. One switch is is on the side and turns on the long-range diode, this switch has an indication of the battery charge status - green above 80, flashing green 50 - 80, red 20 - 50, flashing red less than 20. When charging from the port it lights up in red, when the battery is charged it lights up in green. The other switch is metal and controls the flood diode + red diodes. Both switches are very well pressed with a distinct click, both are electronic and overall I find them to be quite well positioned and both are easy to use after a bit of getting used to. The battery cap is short threaded, the spring looks great, there is some lube, but if it’s going to be used in extremely bad conditions, you would to add more. The body of the Cyansky HS6R is waterproof with an IPX8 rating, which makes it waterproof at 2m for 30 minutes, and has a shock resistance of 2 meters as well as an operating temperature of –30-50℃. That is, absolutely maximum resistance to external conditions for headlamp. Cyansky HS6R weighs only 163 grams with the battery and headband installed. Body dimensions are 82mm long by 25mm high (cap), 33mm wide, 40mm is the height of the holder.

The front sight of HS6R has one common plastic TIR optic. The two side small bezels are Everlight 2835 red diodes, the long range diode is behind the TIR lens and is a Luminus SST40 with 1200 lumens and 170 meters of range, behind the bezel is the High CRI diode Luminus SST20 95CRI 4000k 500 lumens. Cyansky write that there is a time and automatic adjustment of the turbo mode against overheating. So, in general, the driver with regulation remains good output in middle modes. The two switches independently control the three diodes (the red ones count as one). The side switch controls the SST40 and has 4 modes. The metallic one runs the SST20 and the red ones. The SST20 has three modes, the red ones have one constant mode and one flashing. Everything can work together and separately except SST20 and the red ones which are on metal switch(if the red ones work, the SST20 doesn’t work). I personally liked that HS6R is turns on only by holding the switch. It remembers the last mode - that is, whatever it turns off, it starts like that. For both switches. With one press of any switch, the side switch reports the battery charge with a light. A double click locks the switches regardless of who locked them. No moonlight, no fast turbo, no strobe. It is simply made to work, nothing special and interestning in modes without a strobe, blinkings and moonlight - a total of 9 modes for all diodes.

As a summary – great build quality, complete set ready to use, relatively compact dimensions, driver with regulation + high CRI flood diode for close work are very good option. The red light is also something different from most other headlamps and maybe fisherman will like it a lot. I liked operating temperature specifications, the 2 meter shock resistance and IPX8 also which is max for such a light. Disadvantages of Cyansky HS6R is not have strobe and moonlight, which is importantt for some users(not me), and the switch-on control(but I liked it actually). For me personally disadvantage is that I have to use a battery with a button top if i want to quickly switch it with a charged one. Overall, except for the things I mentioned, there is nothing else I don’t like about the Cyansky HS6R. As a model from a new brand, it definitely has very good points, my main impressions are extremely positive!

Some night shots from flood and spot diodes:

!!