D4K button - multiple "clicking" sounds

I just received my first Emisar light, a D4K. The light appears to work properly, but the button “clicks” even when not depressed fully, and when depressing fully, I get multiple “clicks” with each press. This isn’t what I expected, has anybody else encountered this and figured out how to fix it?

Here’s a short video I recorded of half-presses and full-presses of the button that demonstrate what I’m describing:

For anybody else who runs into this, I have a removable switch bezel (screw-on) and after removing the bezel and rubber button, I discovered there is tape that appeared to have some crinkles in it. I carefully adjusted that, replaced the rubber button, and tightened the bezel. The problem is entirely gone, now.

[Edit: short-lived success, it’s come back again after some use]

2 Thanks

Tape? I’m curious what purpose that serves.

1 Thank

Interesting! Maybe with the bezel screwed down tightly it functions as a kind of moisture protection. Thanks for the pic!

I wonder how heat resistant it is :thinking: I have a D4Sv2 that got hotter than I usually allow (handed it to someone wearing gloves). Afterwards the button press feels different and I bet this tape is why. Unfortunately it is the glued style so I can’t remove the button bezel.

Thankfully the issue does not interfere with the function of the light.

It’s for additional water-proofing. If the rubber switch cover has a hole in it water will have access to … everything, really.
Downside is that this tape makes some switches feel really, really bad.

I had some Emisars where the switch was considerably harder to press and the click was extremely mushy. Removed the tape, night and day difference. Easy to press and very crisp click.

2 Thanks

Do you just peel it up with tweezers? Is the button a retained type, or is the center contact loose? The waterproofing is very important to me, but the switch doing what it’s doing in the video is worse.

Yeah just peel it off, it’s simple sticky tape. The button is a fixed metal dome switch, nothing came loose in my lights.
As long as the rubber switch boot is not damaged and screwed down tightly you should be fine.

3 Thanks