Emisar D3AA is available now

Thanks for confirming. Makes sense that it comes with the 6° optic by default, if the 3.8° optic causes a bad donut hole with the XHP50.3 Hi.

No worries, I know it how much of a hassle it can be to get a reflector or optic to focus just right.

Unfortunately Hank hasn’t posted the output numbers for the 719A yet, but all the measurements that I have seen from people that have received a Hank light with 719A show that the lumen output is less that half (compared to the XHP50.3 Hi), which is a noticeable difference.

Hmm… If changing the firmware doesn’t change the result, there’s probably nothing I can do in firmware to fix it.

1 Thank

Don’t do it! Ignorance is bliss. Bathrooms and eating areas are usually pretty bad. It’s the first thing I do when I get to the room…

2 Thanks

I did a test with a d4k-3ch with W1 on the first channel. If I set floor to 1 (smooth ramp) then it jumps immediately from low to a significant higher value on ramping.
If I set floor to 2 no jump is visible … so the jump is between 1 and 2 or other way round: 1 is a much lower value compared to 2 and the difference between 1 and 2 is much greater than between the following levels.
Addition: If floor is set to 1 and starting on lowest level (moon), then a short flash can be seen (Level 2?) before it goes to Level 1. Using 2 as floor, no flash is visible.

2 Thanks

I have a question about titanium variants - D4V2Ti specifically. Does anyone know if they come with new boost driver?

That’s expected because of the 8-bit PWM on channel 1.

On the 8-bit channel, ramp levels 1 and 2 are PWM levels 0/255 and 1/255 (0 and 0.0039). The hardware doesn’t have anything in-between, because the denominator can’t go above 255.

• ramp 1/150 = 0
  • ramp 2/150 = 1/255 = 0.0039

On the 16-bit channels, ramp level 1 is also a PWM of 0… but it then ascends much more slowly. It doesn’t reach ~0.0039 until ramp level 31 or 32.

• ramp 1/150 = 0
  • ramp 2/150 = 1/13662 = 0.000073
  • ramp 31/150 = 35/9248 = 0.0038
  • ramp 32/150 = 38/9220 = 0.0041

The 16-bit channels are much nicer and produce a smoother, lower bottom end of the ramp. However, the 8-bit channel lacks the resolution to do that. So it takes the 16-bit channels ~30 ramp steps to reach the same brightness the 8-bit channel hits in just one step.

This is one of the reasons why I hope future lights will use avr32dd (or at least attiny1616) instead of attiny1634. The newer MCUs have more 16-bit PWM generators, along with some other nice improvements, like buffered registers and a DAC and higher-resolution ADC and factory-calibrated temperature measurement.

4 Thanks

Like I said, never ever use the throw pillows in a hotel room.

3 Thanks

I dont even want to think what those marks are.

Maybe a Platypus used that cushion :thinking:

2 Thanks

@Hank_Wang do you have an estimate on when SFT40 3000k 90 CRI will be available?

I feel like a few people on reddit bought all the stock from KD and are taunting us…

4 Thanks

I’m leaning towards platypus, or maybe some kind of sunblock? I don’t have my UV light yet, I’m still not sure what glows or not. I have to make up my mind on d4v2 uv dual-channel light while the sale is there… the price goes up fast with all the add-ons!

What is the best emitter to pair with the dual channel UV? High cri 519A like trying to make it half edc, half UV, or would something else pair better like… w1 white… amber? …blue??? 519A 2700k dedomed?

I personally went D4K with 519a 3500k/5000k. I’ve wanted an EDC with UV but didn’t want to go 14500 so I’m excited for it.

I now ordered a D4k from JLHawaii with 8mule dual channel, 4 519A with 3500k and 4 SST10 UV with 5w each … i hope a good combination for geocaching.

@ToyKeeper What do you think of adding a firmware option to reverse the order of LED3 and LED4 in the 3ch build? I got my D4K with 5000K, 2700k, and deep red. For some reason my LED3 and LED4 are swapped from what I ordered (red is LED3, 2700k is LED4). I can modify the firmware myself to switch them, but it might be nice to have a menu option to do this without editing the source code.

Maybe I have the same problem with my d4sv2. I put w2 in channel 1 and xpl in channel 2 but when I select the first couple of LED’s xpl appears. Is too strange

Custom lights like these should be inspected thoroughly, that’s exactly what customs did when seeing my package. +1week delivery and +23$ import tax.

I went with 3CH TiCU

It is suited for some very interesting shadowplay:

Check out this trippy GIF!

Firmware fork still needs some polish, which I know people are already working on. For example, the auxillaries are on while CH2 or 3 are in use. But it doesn’t bother me, as my aux are set to match the XPE’S!

1 Thank

Is that a copper bezel on a cyan body? Looks great! BTW, is your cyan darker than mine or is that just the lighting?

Yeah! Cyan body, copper bezel and switch ring + an amber switch aux. 219B SW35/SW45K mix mule.

Thought this combo was a pretty mix and “unique”, I haven’t seen this combo before atleast…

The cyan D4V2 is W2 blue + 219B SW45K dual channel.

4 Thanks

I have a cyan body D4V2 with a copper head/heatsink. I think this looks even cleaner! Very nice choice

1 Thank

Gorgeous!

1 Thank