Emisar D3AA is available now

Like I said, never ever use the throw pillows in a hotel room.

3 Thanks

I dont even want to think what those marks are.

Maybe a Platypus used that cushion :thinking:

2 Thanks

@Hank_Wang do you have an estimate on when SFT40 3000k 90 CRI will be available?

I feel like a few people on reddit bought all the stock from KD and are taunting usā€¦

4 Thanks

Iā€™m leaning towards platypus, or maybe some kind of sunblock? I donā€™t have my UV light yet, Iā€™m still not sure what glows or not. I have to make up my mind on d4v2 uv dual-channel light while the sale is thereā€¦ the price goes up fast with all the add-ons!

What is the best emitter to pair with the dual channel UV? High cri 519A like trying to make it half edc, half UV, or would something else pair better likeā€¦ w1 whiteā€¦ amber? ā€¦blue??? 519A 2700k dedomed?

I personally went D4K with 519a 3500k/5000k. Iā€™ve wanted an EDC with UV but didnā€™t want to go 14500 so Iā€™m excited for it.

I now ordered a D4k from JLHawaii with 8mule dual channel, 4 519A with 3500k and 4 SST10 UV with 5w each ā€¦ i hope a good combination for geocaching.

@ToyKeeper What do you think of adding a firmware option to reverse the order of LED3 and LED4 in the 3ch build? I got my D4K with 5000K, 2700k, and deep red. For some reason my LED3 and LED4 are swapped from what I ordered (red is LED3, 2700k is LED4). I can modify the firmware myself to switch them, but it might be nice to have a menu option to do this without editing the source code.

Maybe I have the same problem with my d4sv2. I put w2 in channel 1 and xpl in channel 2 but when I select the first couple of LEDā€™s xpl appears. Is too strange

Custom lights like these should be inspected thoroughly, thatā€™s exactly what customs did when seeing my package. +1week delivery and +23$ import tax.

I went with 3CH TiCU

It is suited for some very interesting shadowplay:

Check out this trippy GIF!

Firmware fork still needs some polish, which I know people are already working on. For example, the auxillaries are on while CH2 or 3 are in use. But it doesnā€™t bother me, as my aux are set to match the XPEā€™S!

1 Thank

Is that a copper bezel on a cyan body? Looks great! BTW, is your cyan darker than mine or is that just the lighting?

Yeah! Cyan body, copper bezel and switch ring + an amber switch aux. 219B SW35/SW45K mix mule.

Thought this combo was a pretty mix and ā€œuniqueā€, I havenā€™t seen this combo before atleastā€¦

The cyan D4V2 is W2 blue + 219B SW45K dual channel.

4 Thanks

I have a cyan body D4V2 with a copper head/heatsink. I think this looks even cleaner! Very nice choice

1 Thank

Gorgeous!

1 Thank

There needs to be a more efficient driver available for the D2. A little inefficiency that might be okay when using a 3000mah battery is a little more problematic when using a 1000mah battery. Itā€™s the only thing holding me back from trying one out.

2 Thanks

Aside from the M44 which has a ton of internal space, you have to choose between dual-channel or boost. The D2 is the opposite of the M44 when it comes to amount of free space. When I asked a while back, he said heā€™d consider a boosted single-channel version though. he has a lot on his plate right now, so weā€™ll see.

With a constant current driver with with appropriate output voltage range itā€™s relatively straight forward to add more channels without adding more drivers by connecting the LEDs in series and using parallel transistors to short out the ones that are to stay off, and with a driver that responds quickly enough itā€™s even possible to use PWM to blend those channels but thatā€™s tricky to achieve.

Something tells me that the voltage range of Hankā€™s boost driver is somewhat limited so this might not be doable with the present design but the sooner we get past linear drivers altogether, the better.

I was thinking more along the lines of a buck driver. Is there a reason to be boosting single 3V emitters?

Did you see my custom build?

1 Thank

Yes, that was exactly what Iā€™m talking about, I think it was your post on reddit.

I donā€™t own flashing hardware yet, u/SiteRelEnby :zipper_mouth_face:. I might pick some up with the next order. Just never really ā€œneededā€ it for my limited use (Candle mode goes brrrā€¦).

1 Thank