DC-Fix diffusion film really is nice stuff. Easy to use, too...

I just tried DC-Fix diffusion film for the first time. It's great... it turned my Zebralight H600w MkII and Wowtac A2S into nice, floody headlamps with no noticeable loss of output. (I bought the Zebralight before I knew my headlamp beam preference was TIR/full flood.)

An interesting bonus is that if I ever get into a situation where I really need the more throwy beams, I can just peel off the DC-Fix. Nice.

I got some reasonable-sized pieces from forum member Boaz rather than buying a huge roll. He'll hook you up if you want to buy some, with many variants of the product available.

I found a 1/4" drive socket with the diameter that fit perfectly inside my lights' bezels, then traced it on the DC-Fix backing. I cut the circle out carefully with scissors, cleaned the headlamp lens with alcohol, peeled off the DC-Fix backing and stuck the DC-Fix on the headlamp's lens. (I believe the DC-Fix relies on static cling rather than adhesive, so it won't leave any glue goo on your lens if you decide to remove it.) Easy as that.

Highly recommended....

2 varieties, sticky and nonsticky.

Sticky is best for up front, where like you said you can peel if off in a pinch.

Nonsticky can be slapped between glass and reflector.

I see you’ve also discovered the joys of DC-fix!
I threw it on a ton of my lights when I learned about this stuff, since for most tasks I really preferred a floodier beam.
I usually removed the lens from my lights to apply the DC-fix to it, then cut around. But an exact fit isn’t so critical for the desired effect, so your way works just as well!

Yup. I got both. I just put a piece of the double-thick, non-sticky DC-Fix between the lens and reflector of my old single-setting MagLite 2-D LED. It turned the beam into a very floody utility type, rather than the tiny spot beam it had. Originally, turning the head didn't affect the hotspot much, it just added or subtracted a secondary spill (or enlarged the hot spot enough to add a dark dead spot in the center).

The ol' Maglite is now much more suited for normal household use. And I can always quickly and easily change it back.

Added some to my big D cell Maglite also. Nice beam now but not enough lumens for me. I have been spoiled. Makes a good self defense weapon though. :+1:

Hard to defend yourself swinging an 800-lumen Lumintop Tool AA by its lanyard. There are times when a D-cell MagLite is the right tool for the job.

It improves the tint too for lights with reflectors.

You have to aim for the eyes.

It does ..

it changes the tint slightly probably by just taking all the colors tossing them in a pot and mixing them all up before spreading them out into a smooth floody beam . It took a really disgusting fried egg xpg-3 beam and made it about a thousand times better .>> A big Aldi's 4AA light the size of almost a 3D cell maglite . It had a fried egg with an odd black hole dead center ...possibly the worst beam I'd ever seen on a light . Turned it into a peach