DC-Fix Diffusion Film Sale

Thanks for the nice comment ...

They call me Mr. Wonderful

750,000 satisfied customers , I didn’t want to have an unhappy member on my hands .

The joke was always ... I’m looking forward to my first PayPal dispute :)

Thanks for responding to my messages. Paypal sent for #1 and #3 I didn’t see where to put address on paypal so I sent it in our pm
Thanks

Paypal gives the seller the buyers address only if you pay via goods and services.. it doesn't if you send money friends and family .So I always ask the buyer to include name and address in the private message . If you want to be kind and share in the cost of paypal fees the best way to do it is just send a little more than the total . If you're sending money to someone via "friends and family" NEVER send it that way when there is a foreign exchange rate involved because Paypal will just hammer you on the fees ..Just pay a little bit more than the seller is asking . Usually less than a buck in cases of smaller sales .

Somewhere there's a calculator for fees . point really is never do friends and family when buying overseas ... and if you do make sure the seller has your address because paypal doesn't provide it unless you're paying //goods and services .

I get “fee-ed” by PP even when I send f&f domestically. Just sent like 40bux today, got nicked for almost a buk-fitty in “fees”.

There are no fees within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account. There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit or credit card.

PM’ed you Boaz for some DC Fix

Sent you Minus green Lee filters and Dc-fix this morning .

I thank you & paypal thanks you

Actually, paypal just says “gimme!”.

Woohoo! DC Fix #3 was exactly what my 5000K SST-40 S21A needed. It still has a hot spot, but it’s bigger, and almost perfectly smooth. And whiter. Almost too nice to be used as a bike light now. Nah.

Has anybody has any success utilizing this film? I am working on a Solarforce L2B to mount on some bicycle handlebars and this sounds ideal… Except that its a non-adhesive film!

I have not used this particular film but I have used non-adhesive film on windows. One window stayed on perfectly but the other always wanted to peel in the corners no matter what I did. Eventually I mixed a little wall paper paste with water and used it very diluted. So far stays on well now.

The nonsticky stuff I always samwich between the front glass and the reflector.

Hell, even the sticky stuff, unless I want the ability to peel it off for instathrow.

What’s the best method to spread the beam on a SP40? Which film should I use?

There’s no “best”, only “best as to what I’m looking for”.

Lightly diffused will just “smear” the beam a bit, eg, to get rid of a hole/cross from a multi-die emitter, get rid of mild artifacts in a beam, etc.

Heavily diffused will turn even a thrower into a flooder and give a nice blanket of light, only not as edge-to-edge even or with as sharp a cutoff as an aspheric.

Then there’s everything in-between.

I put DC fix on a Quark 1AA Pro with a SST-20 swap. Minimal shape change.

Thanks Boaz! I almost tossed your note until I noticed the #5 in the corner. Shipped quickly, I’m just slow to thank……

I seem to be having trouble sending you a PM, but could you put me down for a few sheets of whatever is best for an H600c? It will also be used to diffuse a proper thrower into a more general purpose light. My paypal is [redacted]
Thank you!

Hi there, welcome to BLF! It’s not a good idea to post email addresses in public, so I redacted it. I also enabled PM privileges for your account so you can contact Boaz directly now.

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure doing business with Boaz. I just tested out six of the diffusion films and a couple of the minus green filters, and posted the results over on r/Flashlight. I have to say that I’m really liking #12 and #7 (they are very similar to my frosted TIRs), and the minus green filters are pretty cool. This is my first experience with them. This was a good deal, and I encourage folks to buy a few and try them out. Thanks Boaz!