Refresh cycle to pack 1 after 24h

• 1. 1384 - 678 -> 1406 - 947
    2. 1399 - 619 -> 1416 - 893
    3. 1439 - 900 -> 1428 - 1115
    4. 1369 - 320 -> 1391 - 715

All done with the Shan charger

Did I mention that they tend to peel…

yeah.

im never buying anything from BIC again.

thank you for the results… the 4 i have are going into tv remotes and clocks around the house instead of their intended use in a light.

so the AAA’s have between 715-1115 mAh? The text on the battery says 820 mAh, so the results seem a bit strange to me, is there even 1115 mAh in any AAA battery yet?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the stated capacity for these types of batteries is the minimum capacity and that while it could be higher, is guaranteed not to be lower. Seems like they should be more consistent though.

I don’t understand why the fake assumption… as far as I’ve read members are getting 700+ to 1100mAh for the AAAs, and all 2000+mAh for the AAs. I believe those are quite spot on the the Recyko claim?

I’m not even on this deal but are tempted now from these results… those capacity looks good to me.

[The AAA battery label mentions only “TYP 820 mAh”.]

Think “fake” is used to refer to the inconsistency in the charged capacity and the process of charging. The final capacity should be within +–100 mAh for 4x AAA and charging should be finished within 30 min from the first to the 4th. The final charge capacities are far too apart and one final charging was still going on after more than 1 hour from the other 3.

Also ‘Pregulla’ gave a past BLF thread on the GP where the subject line mentions ‘fake’:
Good price on GP Recyko+ 4xAAA at FocalPrice @ 6.18$ [FAKE?]

And a review in the DX thread the above mentions declares the GP as fakes:
“Warning! Fake!”
http://club.dx.com/reviews/text/8980/281427

Any other who purchased these batteries have their opinions on them?
Are they genuine? Do they work well?

I guess we are a naturally suspicious lot.

(And I must admit, I misread Teutate's results as being for AAs instead of AAAs which made the numbers a whole lot more worrying. )

You are right Pulsar13. For AAA cells the results seem pretty good - though a bit more consistency would be nice. But hey, we aren't paying Eneloop prices for these......

I'll reserve judgement until I have mine in hand and tested with my C9000

Is this good ???!!!

1406 – 947
1416 – 893
1428 – 1115
1391 – 715

For cells rated at 820mAH, the overall numbers are OK, though the 715 is lower than I'd like. However, wasn't this the one that came up from 320 the first time? As I said, I'd prefer they were a bit more consistent. (And I also said that I didn't expect Eneloop quality at this price.) Perhaps a few more cycles or even a break-in might be useful.

I'm not having a go at you BLightSam but may I suggest you run a few more cycles on your charger before concluding that they are no good? Even Eneloops improve over the first few cycles. Does your La Crosse have a proper "Break in" or "forming" mode rather than the TEST mode you used previously?

@ Tuetate - I wonder if you would have the time to number the cells and see if there is any difference depending on what bay they are in when charged. I'm not familiar with the "Shan" charger used.

(I suspect that bay 1 of my MAHA C9000 reads /charges a little lower than the other three but I haven't tried to prove this.)

I know testing this way is probably a bit anal/obsessive so feel free to say no. I'll keep waiting for mine.

ok everyone

i borrowed my dads bc700 to test mine, im going to start a discharge cycle and refresh over this weekend to measure

i will post results

There’s not much to talk about when you say this is OK:

(mv) (mAh)

1406 – 947
1416 – 893
1428 – 1115
1391 – 715

Great - then move on with your life!

Just as soon as you promise you’ll have your eyeballs checked out.

Fun times!

Tested one ReCyko AA 2050mah Nimh battery, kind of slow with a hobby charger. Got 1718 mah @ 1 amp discharge.
I did notice that when the charger fully loaded the battery at 1 amp the cell voltage was at 1.14v starting, not very impressed with that amount of voltage sag. They might be best suited for low drain devices.

You can see in the graph at some where around the 12 minute mark the cells voltage was at 1.01v loaded.

The battery GP sold until a couple of years ago:

The battery they have been selling since then:

i just started a “test” on the bc700 on 4x aas at 500 mah charge 250ma discharge

Kinda Off-topic: Wallbuys has them for 6.20$ (–10% if you can find the coupon code)

Again, Wallbuys coupons don’t work for promotional items anymore.