Deal Alert - 4 x AA GP Recyko NiMH LSD batteries - $6.25 @ BIC

Not very encouraging that BIC screwed up on my very first order with them.

I ordered 2x packs of AA and 2x packs of AAA. I got the AA but they shorted me two packs of AAA.

email them and file a paypal claim

Yeah. I sent them a message through their site. I’ll wait a couple days, then email them, then wait a couple days and file a PP claim. Paypal isn’t that great for sellers, but it’s awesome for buyers. If it were a site like Fasttech who hasn’t made a mistake in about $1000 of orders that would be one thing. But the first order … yeah, I’m not gonna play around.

BIC so far have provided excellent CS for me, Im sure they will take care of your situation in a prompt manner, Racer ;)!
Most likely they will either ship them item you want or simply refund no questions asked.

Finally got around checking 4xAAA with La Crosse BC-700. Ran the TEST mode, which Charges, Discharges and then Charges again. I can only describe the process as disaster. One battery charged very briefly and went into discharge while 3 others were still charging. Then after short discharge it charged briefly before displaying Full. The other 3 all behaved differently. Charge, Discharge, Charge times were all substantially different. Final voltages read: 1.44, 1.37, 1.43, 1.37. I could read only two capacities: 868 and 697 mAh. I won’t be wasting any more time with these batteries as I have 4x Duraloops. (And still to be determined/concerned is whether Duraloops are indeed LSD.)

Please post your experience with Recykos.

That makes me feel better, thanks. For now I’ll just assume they’ll take good care of me.

I really wanted the AAAs to put in my walkie talkies for an upcoming camping trip, but I ordered two more packs of AAAs a day after this order, so hopefully I’ll have them tomorrow and the ones they still owe me can be spares I’m in no hurry for. We’ll see how they do on my other orders.

Out of the box, for 2 packs of AA, I got these voltages:

Box 1:

Box 2:

Out of the box voltages of my 4x AAA: 1.30, 1.30, 1.30, 1.29. Looked nothing is out of ordinary until I ran the TEST mode.

I don’t have a charger that measures capacity, so is there an easy way I can tell if they’re good? Right now I just looks to see if they discharge on their own, and test them out in my devices.

great… i dont have a charger that can measure capacity but those sound like fakes

i just ordered 4 more too :frowning:

You need a “smart” charger for the capacity. There’s no getting around that. If your device require one battery, there’s no compelling reason to know the capacity, only it powers for a reasonable time. I am checking the capacity for match/balance to be used in a flashlight which uses 3x AAA batteries.

Hmm, that sounds fishy, I will test mine as soon as they arrive, lets see what others here report!

BLightSam - can you do the test again?

They told me they definitely shipped them out and that they weighed the package and it was right, and they are saying someone else opened it. Bull. So I told them I was ready to file a PP claim and gave them the URL of this thread, too.

That sucks, Racer, never had such a crappy reply from them when they screwed up my order with low quality items!

I ordered SPX-936D from Fasttech to supplement my C9000, given that I will have plenty of batteries to test, I will need them both to see whats their actualy capacity, I hope my SPX-936D will arrive in timelly manner so I can test all the batteries within 45 days of Paypal window :D!
8xAA and 20xAAA, lots of testing ahead :D!

if someone else can confirm low capacity i am demanding a refund for mine

What’s funny is they told me that my package had the correct weight for 8 AA + 8 AAA of 119 grams, which didn’t sound right so I weighed everything I got and it came it to 234 grams with the 8 AA + the packaging. They probably got my order mixed up with the other two I unfortunately placed.

Hey, at least a large community like this can help keep these companies honest. Being shamed like this does work, so hopefully they will take care of us. Either way, I think I’ll pass on BIC from now on.

i am never buying from BIC ever again if my batteries turn out to be fakes

and i will file paypal disputes as soon as its confirmed by other members

Yes I’ll be filing a dispute if they are fakes too, but only after testing myself.

I also bought some Philips globes from there that they told me via messages are genuine for $17, in the shops here they are $60+ and $40+ on eBay so I am hoping they are genuine too.

Received 2 packs of AAA, still waiting for 2 packs of AA
I just went for a refresh cycle: discharge and charge

EDIT: added a 2nd refresh cycle

• mV - mAh
  • 1. 1384 - 678
    2. 1399 - 619
    3. 1439 - 900
    4. 1369 - 320
  • 5. 1411 - 1131 … 2nd cycle … 1415 - 1081
    6. 1404 - 989 … 2nd cycle … 1411 - 950
    7. 1445 - 1205 … 2nd cycle … 1428 - 1150
    8. 1396 - 936 … 2nd cycle … 1403 - 902

Ordered 4 x AA. Will check them with my MAHA…