Deal?? Maha MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger AA/AAA $49.97

That’s another reason I chose this charger was for the service after the sale. I have read about some not so good stories about this charger as well. Just like anything else I guess. There’s always gonna be some that aren’t 100%.

Care to share a bit more upon specifics ?
No doubt multiple folks here have ideas’ and or desires that they hope would be integrated :slight_smile:

Nah, not interested in expulsion, just rather you get it right the first time, so we don’t have to wait another 6 months after sending you back to the drawing board :slight_smile:
BTW, I do appreciate why you’re unable to provide specifics such as the technology you plan to integrate features, was more a desire to see what features you’re contemplating thus far and are you open to suggestions from us prospective users :slight_smile:

I like my Maha C9000, its been a reliable performer for years now. And I prefer to balance charge the Li-Ions I use in bigger lights with an RC charger. But I wanted something decent for single cells.

Now, I don’t trust promises about products that don’t exist yet, especially when the proponent is slamming competing products and suggesting I don’t buy them. Also, many promised products never happen - just look at Apple.

So I ordered an Xtar VP1, mostly because of the favourable review HKJ gave it. And I also really liked the choice of .25, .5 and 1.0A charge rates.

@photon1k Getting a bit off topic but I plan on also getting a SkyRC or something like it, 1-2 VP1 and 1-2 Nitecore i4. A hobby charger would be nice but they look like they would take a bit more work than I have time for atm.

Are you censoring your memory now too?

Reads like a slam to me. See post #16 above.

And the suggestion not to buy. See post #17 above.

Based on reviews the VP1 seems like a nice charger. The Nitecore didn’t review as well (see the review), but the v2 edition did show some improvement.

Hobby chargers are a trade-off. You give up a little ease of use for a lot of flexibility and power. If you don’t have multi-cell lights, or you don’t want to balance or parallel charge them their cells, then you may be happier with just a couple VP1s.

I did manage to find a XTAR VP1 Li-ion Battery Charger for $35.99 in the US w/free shipping but they’re out of stock atm :frowning:

Unfair that you couldn’t delete them quickly enough to avoid being quoted, or just unfair that you were caught?

+ 1

XTAR cannot enforce map on products which are too expensive for what they are. 20% price drop:

http://www.akkuteile.de/ladegeraete/xtar/xtar-vp1-ladegeraet-fuer-li-ion-akkus-incl-kfz-adapter/a-500204/

This ebay seller accepted my offer of 27.00 GBP which is about $42.00. That includes shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330938811582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

+1 :slight_smile:

That (temporary?) 20% drop may be tied to XTAR “7th anniversary celebration ” rebate across their whole products range (save batteries)…good only till 31-AUG-2013…hurry up… :slight_smile:

http://www.xtarlight.com/07-new/p-001-1.asp?id=51

Cheers,

__philippe