Deep C8s on eBay

I think that only ones I have seen are for the HS-802 at manafont - LINK

Lck-Led has empty C8 pills and they are pretty easy to assemble and make them direct drive.

Fixed LINK

I can’t tell. You must have extraordinary vision with those specs. I sure as hell can’t tell by the emitter in that pic well-enough to determine otherwise.

I do however clearly see a ‘shinier-looking’ 3/4-perspective-angled metal ring resting inside the reflector hole surrounding the led. The ZS-2 UltraOk Sippy 68 clones I bought from him (as do the C8’s) have that exactly same looking ring. Anyway, if he delivers a 2xAA vs 3xAA he’ll do me right. He’s very customer-satisfaction oriented. He e-bay messages me constantly making sure I’m happy with everything I purchase. I’m not too worried.

Btw, when you say proportionately it also appears by the head that it’s almost too long to be just 2xAA based upon other AA’s I have with post-purchase extenders. Without something to scale-compare to it’s iffy to say for sure by those pics alone IMO - that plus his camera perspective.

I don’t go by descriptions below the main headings on e-bay too much. There tend to be inconsistencies. If he states 3xAA at the top and he’s sold 54 already, he better be selling 3xAA.

I’ll find out soon enough. He delivers pretty quick.

The “ring” is not even close to the right size. It’s also not a zoomie. :bigsmile:

Anyway, only 6 bucks, no big deal.

By the pic, you’re right. That’s ok because I wanted a plain 3xAA most anyway. lol

I’m going to e-mail him to confirm the pic disconnect. That’s unusual for him to get it off that much - much less 54 sold later. If it turns out he’s sending me a zoomie, I’m ok with that too. He needs to get that pic fixed in any case - or the title.

I still don’t know how you can tell it’s not Cree by that fuzzy pic alone though. 8)

That famous $11.50 thrower is $8.50 right now. Now that is the best price I have never seen this personally, this is cheap.

Definately a BUY BUY BUY

I got a couple of these in last week and put one on my LED analyzer gizmo (Any interest in a LED/Battery analyzer device?). They start out at around 2.45A/356 lumens (1/5 the advertised value) and drop to 1.4A/255 lumens by the time the battery (2300 mAh Sanyo) is empty after 90 minutes or so. Max temp reached was 55 degrees C after 20 minutes. Color temp was 6000K.

Ignore the numbers in the left hand and middle columns. The light was off at the time the screen dump was taken and are ambient background readings.

I presume you're talking about the C8 copy and not the 3xAA, correct?

Wow, for a $7 light... pulls 2.45A/356lm on an XR-E without mod, NICE!

Lucky I followed lumatic's command to buy one! :D But still waiting for it.

And IMO, the 3xAA bought by lumatic is not CREE. I have a bunch of $2-$4 lights with those cheap emitters. They're not too bad though, at least, certainly good enough to be gifted.

‘356 lumens or 1/5th the advertised value’. The C8’s I bought don’t make that advertised claim.
Nonetheless, I think you’ll be happy enough with the light.
……

+2.99$ shipping, at least to my part of the world :wink:

Need to supercharge the c8’s I have for a night hunting setup. Not sure what to do. Mod the c8 or go another route. I tried an aspheric in the red xp-e c8. It focused
the emitter and got rid of the spill, what I wanted, but killed the light output. Thought I bought a quality lens but I guess not. Getting the right focal length was a PIA.

he sez it’s zoomable but the pic shows otherwise. I just want a plain 3xAA (well I hope it’s 3AA!) so that’s why the pic clicked for me. So who knows. It very well could be another knock-off emitter. They’re everywhere aren’t they? Those emitters are ok enough for the most part - but the light better be priced real cheap. :cowboy_hat_face:

The C8’s I got from him for about $7 however are definitely CREE Q5. Some of these pics these guys on e-bay put out at times are indeed questionable and make everything else about the light somewhat ‘nebulous’ - that is until you receive it. lol

You notice I only ordered one. If it turns out to be poopy there’ll be no bulk-buy for Lumatic.

Sent you a pm

I’m talking about the exact light / seller linked to in the first post…

I got one of those and it is NOT zoomable and NOT CREE!!! Beware. I only paid 3.99 USD, but I never use it. The light is REALLY blue tinted and not bright at all.

Is it 3AA at least? :cowboy_hat_face: Been looking around for a decent 3AA host for some project I have in mind. Don’t worry about answering. This doesn’t belong here anyway.

(Postnote: We just junked-up RustyJoe’s C8 thread with this BS cheapo AA idle chatter. Sorry, Rusty. It’s gotten a bit out of hand. Didn’t mean to take it there. Side comment turned into a Whocaresville.)

Terrible tiny little hotspot. Not very bright. Thin plastic -like reflector. It looks like it was painted unevenly with metallic paint. Compared to my other C8, it is junk IMO.

Very generous. Your neighbours must love you. :slight_smile:

neighbor. He didn’t appreciate it when I torched off the Skyray King one dark and moonless night and caught him and the GF in a dark and full-moon position. :open_mouth:

Ya, that’s when I started going mainly towards throwers. :smiley:

Geez I hope he never reads this.

LMFAO!!