Deep C8s on eBay

Have you received it or you just ordered?

but I do know that mine from the source linked above does and it’s a quite nice one at that. Besides, factoring in shipping it’s still 32 cents cheaper and it sez ‘HWA/WTS UltraFire C8’ on one of the tube slats. On the other tube slat it sez ‘CREE Q5’.

In my book it’s still the King of Great C8 Cheap which I doubt can be beat! At least for the next 7 hours or so. 8)

They arrived this week and the quality is very impressive. The finish is perfect and feels tough. The threads didn’t have any (or very little) lube but still feel good. Charging up some batteries to try out tonight. Amazing for the money.

They jacked the Price to AU $9.99.
That is lame.

I recently got This, and I think it is a piece of chinese sheeeite.

Why?

I’ll let you guys know what I think when I get it. I figured for $6.17 shipped, what the heck. Anyway, long run time. Me like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-3AA-CREE-3-mode-LED-light-200LM-Zoomable-Flashlight-ahw-/110898193953?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item19d20c2621

LOL, that looks like 2aa and not a cree.

Still well worth it though.

I,m looking for c8 pills loaded with red or green xp-e or xr-e. I,ve seen loaded pills with xm-l but not color. Any ideas besides home built?

What if you’re wrong and it turns out to be 3AA? I guess that would be funny. OTOH, I don’t laugh at other people’s expense should they happen to get the wrong item than what they ordered.

Amazing how someone can tell from an angled not exactly razor-sharp focus that it’s not Cree too.

I wish I had those powers.

It’s funny because of how off the description is. And this is not a cree:

I suppose it’s always possible you get something better than the pictures shows, but it’s usually the other way around.

tell 100% that it’s not Cree?

Again, I’m not laugh at your expense, just how ridiculously wrong the description is.

You can tell it’s 2AA from the proportion of the light, and a cree simply doesn’t look like that. The xr-e have a clearly defined metal ring around a square die, and much larger in size. The xp-e is also square with dots around the edges. Look at the cree emitters you have and look at the pic.

I think that only ones I have seen are for the HS-802 at manafont - LINK

Lck-Led has empty C8 pills and they are pretty easy to assemble and make them direct drive.

Fixed LINK

I can’t tell. You must have extraordinary vision with those specs. I sure as hell can’t tell by the emitter in that pic well-enough to determine otherwise.

I do however clearly see a ‘shinier-looking’ 3/4-perspective-angled metal ring resting inside the reflector hole surrounding the led. The ZS-2 UltraOk Sippy 68 clones I bought from him (as do the C8’s) have that exactly same looking ring. Anyway, if he delivers a 2xAA vs 3xAA he’ll do me right. He’s very customer-satisfaction oriented. He e-bay messages me constantly making sure I’m happy with everything I purchase. I’m not too worried.

Btw, when you say proportionately it also appears by the head that it’s almost too long to be just 2xAA based upon other AA’s I have with post-purchase extenders. Without something to scale-compare to it’s iffy to say for sure by those pics alone IMO - that plus his camera perspective.

I don’t go by descriptions below the main headings on e-bay too much. There tend to be inconsistencies. If he states 3xAA at the top and he’s sold 54 already, he better be selling 3xAA.

I’ll find out soon enough. He delivers pretty quick.

The “ring” is not even close to the right size. It’s also not a zoomie. :bigsmile:

Anyway, only 6 bucks, no big deal.

By the pic, you’re right. That’s ok because I wanted a plain 3xAA most anyway. lol

I’m going to e-mail him to confirm the pic disconnect. That’s unusual for him to get it off that much - much less 54 sold later. If it turns out he’s sending me a zoomie, I’m ok with that too. He needs to get that pic fixed in any case - or the title.

I still don’t know how you can tell it’s not Cree by that fuzzy pic alone though. 8)

That famous $11.50 thrower is $8.50 right now. Now that is the best price I have never seen this personally, this is cheap.

Definately a BUY BUY BUY

I got a couple of these in last week and put one on my LED analyzer gizmo (Any interest in a LED/Battery analyzer device?). They start out at around 2.45A/356 lumens (1/5 the advertised value) and drop to 1.4A/255 lumens by the time the battery (2300 mAh Sanyo) is empty after 90 minutes or so. Max temp reached was 55 degrees C after 20 minutes. Color temp was 6000K.

Ignore the numbers in the left hand and middle columns. The light was off at the time the screen dump was taken and are ambient background readings.