DEFT-X ... Wow!

Amazing … read for yourself guys:
DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!! | Candle Power Flashlight Forum!!!

… 900,000cd … ANSI Beam Distance of 1897 meters or 1.17 miles … and $695.00 RRP …

WHA!?

searches for jaw on the ground

You can see my light now……………

Wow,amazing result I commend him on hitting numbers like that.I'm curious about the collar that is used and how it works in this application.He did it with the xpg2,modders take note....

Wow!!! After reading up on the RLT stuff, I'm going to try to buy some for the XP-G2 myself. :D

That surely are impressive numbers. Even with best known led-mounting, cooling and recycling techniques this number seems outrageous for this diameter. (Cutting the edge would be using the wavien collar as reflector to ad laser light to the die.)

But for me seeing is believing. Its not that difficult to make impressive beamshots for any amateur hobbyist photographer.
What I would like to see is a proper in-depth review of this light from a independent person.
Thats hardly been done or posted ever since the first gen Deft. Thats what raises my eyebrow.

His builds have improved, his marketing also, but what about the criticism? I never understand why his light are hardly reviewed.

There are reviews of the Deft and Deft EDC on CPF but Harry has never built that many lights over the years. If you read his commentary regarding the Deft-X he is VERY meticulous and will not compromise any design aspect. His lights are PROFESSIONAL TOOLS, nothing more, nothing less. I’m glad to see his latest creation and expect it will have an inpressive career.

Harry? His name is Michael. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen reviews of his past stuff. I’m sure he does hit the lux numbers that he claims. There aren’t too many reviews just because his stuff is expensive.

I agree.

If he says he doing it, I think he has the reputation that he is.

What I find hard to believe is this light is almost like having 2 Power On Board 35watt HID spotlights. Simply amazing.

WalterK as hard as it may be for you to believe me I am independent in my assessment of my lights. I treat my lights the same way I treat my kids. Honestly and dispassionately. I do not allow emotion to cloud a proper estimation. That is no way for anyone to improve. I know it sounds like hyperbole when I describe my lights at times but it really is accurate. I mean for crying out loud if my lights don’t deserve the use of some powerful descriptive words than what light would ever meet that standard? I am very careful to not exaggerate in fact. If you look at what I wrote I was very clear this light is not a general purpose light but one with a highly focused intent but for which has genuine practical uses. Sad to know you will only trust your own eyes and not those of your fellow forum members. I do hope you get a chance to see it in person though.

There have been reviews from customers over the years. Quite a few actually. Maybe you just weren’t aware of them. There has not been any sent to someone like Selfbuilt for example that’s true but then how many of the custom light makers have done that? Does McGizmo send a light for review? Data? Let’s be fair now OK? Truth be told I can’t afford my own lights. If I make it I need to sell it. This is completely different than a cheap little 4 sevens light for which there are thousands of and one light sent to a reviewer represents a particle of dust on the scales of their bank account. I can’t really just send lights out to all the reviewers. Reminds me of the guy who started one of my favorite car companies. Christian von Koenigsegg. He can’t afford the cars he designs and makes. Not even as a company car. He mentioned hoping to be able to pick up one on the used car market in a few years.

Well not quite two POB. I measured my POB at 530Kcd so two of those would be over a million. Still one on one it is remarkable to see side by side. I think I might need to make a video showing it as it is quite astounding to see.

Interesting part is the Wavien LEDs - will this start some new dome altering experiments?

Will this new light out throw a POB. I would just like to hear your thoughts. I have one and another one coming today. If you have 900,000k, but the POB has 530,000k and about a 5.75” reflector which one would win the throw contest?

Thanks Michael.

Brad

Um…yeah. It humiliates the POB to be honest. Much better throw and way better color rendering. I think the later can be helped by changing out the POB’s bulb to a diff K value but it still won’t change the fact it is getting trounced in the throw department. Here is a picture I just took to show the size difference.

so is this RLT technology basically like a reflector installed backwards in a sense? could be way off, but thats the only way i can figure…

That’s got to be one awesome light Michael. I know how bad a POB is. Heck even a 85watt HID flashlight I have is one awesome thrower at 185KCd. Thanks for the reply. The new one I have coming today has a said to be by the owner a 4200K bulb in it. I’m guessing it’s probably a 4300K instead. I paid $40 shipped for it.

this would be a awesome light to take to glacier point, and then point it at Yosemite valley below, I have been dreaming of a light that can do that. Would i get in trouble? maybe :bigsmile:

Correcting myself... it seems like it's a lens?

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/08/5099409/waviens-rlt-technology-licensed.html

The beam profile looks kind of like the M3LT.

The beam appears even more focused that with a large aspheric lens.

Wish I could afford one of these beasts, it's a shame I can't rent one for a test drive :p

i kind of skimmed through that same article before posting. i didnt really see any talk about what it is exactly, but only what the effects of it is