DEFT-X ... Wow!

[quote=infinitusequitas]
I don’t think there are LED’s out there yet, that would cause permanent damage, unless you are looking directly at them, from under a foot distance, and suppressing your blink reflex./quote]

Wanna try that with one of these? 15,000 Lumen Bridgelux C9000 Light Engine

[quote=texaspyro]

Wouldn’t be nearly as intense in the eye as the DEFT-X. Of course we can actually compare at the next DFW GTG. :slight_smile:

@texaspyro - Now that's not exactly a flashlight LED is it? I would still contend it's harmless compared to taking a 1W hit to the eye from a laser.

@DarkSide, nope no photoshop... just lots and lots of light.

It is now… :wink:

This is seriously impressive. Would love to have one for fun, but no way I can afford it, oh well, lol.

Still nowhere near the same as dealing with a laser.

Can't wait to see the handheld flashlight with that LED :D

if it has been mentioned before, excuse my ignorance... but to me, Dr. Kenneth Li must have been inspired somewhat by Tony Stark's Arc Reactor (the big one that was used to power the city in Ironman film). I mean look at the halo-esque toroidal shape of the RLT optic. I don't have a use for the DEFT-X however the technology and design appeals to me enough to want to save for it. If anything, if I do get it, I can lend it to my father for when he goes hunting. For the time being, I'll save up for the TN31mb (i do like a little spill) and sell by stock TN31 (NW). I think this light forum/hobby is meant to have us live on a budget on everything else whilst splurging on lights and batteries. Hope to see more owner beamshots/comparisons in the coming months.