Difference between Opus BT-C3400 & BT-C3100 v2.1?

Oh I know…. I was just referring to that last answer you got from the Opus guy. :slight_smile:

I am not sure how that works. But I would think that would be the chargers internal parts that determine that?

The 3100 2.2 and 3400 V3.1 are different chargers . For instance if I used my lite-on for either that would have nothing to do with the discharge termination voltage.

I would think the 3100 and 3400 are going to stay the same and “rdana” is the ONLY one who gets the 3400.

I read your post again. I will read the manual just to make sure they did not change the 3100. I would be very surprised if they did. as we know from a quality SMPS, A decent replacement will have no problem w/ the low voltage of batteries during transition from discharge to charge,~ 2.8/3.0v.

I understand that Teacher,i felt it was a good time to give ALL involved their hard work certificates!

I wunder if opus will give us all who’s got the duff psu a replacement psu if we complain.

^

It is worth a try but I would be surprised.

My dealer reimbursed me for my $6.99 Supernight and then I upgraded to the Lite-On.

So I am set and its a bit late for me for a replacement as my dealer already took care of me.

I know all that my friend. :+1:

The reason I asked was because of what “rdana” said to you in an email from post #303.

He said…. Many times OPUS made the same changes in the 3100 that he asked for in ‘his’ 3400.

Discharge cut-off in the 3400 v3.1 is going to be 3.1 V

I just wanted you to check if there was any mention of this change in the 3100 v2.2

Personally…. I hope there is not, cause I might want another OPUS & this would be a deal killer “for me”. :slight_smile:

(And yes, I realize that “IF” this had/has been changed in the 3100 v2.2 that “ideally” it should be denoted with a new “v-number”. BUT…. who knows when or if OPUS might get around to that.) :question:

OK, good. :slight_smile: … I totally agree with you also. :+1:

Thanks for the heads up gauss. :+1:

He is probably right about the spring-loaded 2.1 side too. While the ones I got work “ok”… I am noticing slight difference between how well they fit different items.

Spring-loaded would definetly be better. :slight_smile:

Hey gauss, what is the best way to contact ’speaker_joe’ I can’t seem to find the right place on ebay to do it. :person_facepalming: … :slight_smile:

I want to order a couple of straights and a couple of angles and don’t see them listed.

Thank you for any help. :+1:

EDIT: Never mind… I found it. :smiley: … :person_facepalming:

^
Thanks gauss. Your exactly right. :+1: … I figured out how to send him a message ( :slight_smile: ) and he answered. He said he just got them in yesterday and has not had time to list them yet.
He did say he would get them up soon though.

I got my Opus spare fans today. Got 3 of them. They are so quiet that I could not hear them.

I had to test them Twice to make sure they are working! I am using one of the new ones,much quieter than my 2 month old original fan that came w/ the Opus.

Where did you get yours wolfdog? I got a couple from GearBest a while back but have not used one yet or even tried them out.
:slight_smile:

I also got mine at Gearbest. I wanted to make sure they worked. It wouldn’t the original to fail and the find out my spares were defective!

Yeah, good idea!! :+1: … I am gonna go home and check mine now just to be sure………… :wink:

That is great that speakerjoe has adapters now. Good for his new clients,

For me it is irrelevant[a little late!] because ALL 4 adapters I have work very well and are snug. I only bought them for my Opus.

I guess people who may be using them for other devices would have use for them if the Opus intended ones don’t fit as well.

@Gauss,

Where have u been Gauss? You had not posted for Five[5] days until your post 4 hours ago!

I did a lot of emailing to "rdana" and Opus HQ to complete my SMPS update/Investigation.

Your nowhere to be found when others are making progress and regardless of who it is your not one to give a compliment.

Succinct version.

DO NOT BUY THE “REPLACEMENT” FANS FROM GEARBEST!

This is why,simply they are TOO WEAK! I bought Three of them.When I first put them in to test them yesterday I could not tell they were on and thought they were defective and did not work. They work. They are like a fan on LOW and Opus original is like a fan on High!

After 2 hours in the discharge cycle my 4 X 18650 3400mAh KP were only @ 3.84v!! I have done enough Charge/Tests to know that was not normal. Should be around 3.5 to 3.6v at that point.So I put the original fan back in and it is discharging Correctly[I will get to that below] and is at 3.85v in 45 minutes. The fan definitely has some bearing on the efficiency and its ability to conduct a proper discharge.

Here is what is REALLY strange. I stood over them and watched the discharge cycle for the replacement fan. It would discharge 0.02/3v then charge 0.02/3v!! What the hell is that? I observed this behavior for 15 minutes,it probably was doing it for much longer! The charger is NOT defective because it is now working fine w/ Original fan.

Gearbest wants me to take video of this!!! Right,like I am going videotape how weak and silent the fan is and then videotape another 15 minutes to show how it is failing during the discharge cycle…………all for $4.87!!! They would blame it on the Opus. Reasons like this is why at ALL costs I try to avoid ordering from China,sometimes we have no choice!

Here is another strange aspect of this. Last night it charged my 4 X 30Q at a normal rate. Doesn’t it take more energy to charge than discharge? I can not figure out why it failed during discharge and not charge?

The fans are different. I will post pics when Opus is done Charge/Test. The Opus has a black plastic thing around one of the wires.I am not sure what, if anything that it may be?

This charger certainly has had too many expenses and challenges,between the SMPS, adapters and now feeble and faulty fans.

I still like it,Now where do I find LEGITIMATE fan replacements? Maybe the ones I saw on other sites for $3 to $5 are legitimate!!!

PICTURES POSTED LATER OF BOTH FANS. :person_facepalming:

I don’t think the fan is causing it to charge during the discharge cycle. More than likely, the fan isn’t able move enough air to dissipate internal heat well enough that the discharge is being paused and the cell voltage is recovering during the pause cycle. I’m not saying the fan is a good replacement, just noting the most probable cause based on the symptoms.

KuoH

If the charger gets too hot it will reduce discharge current, this means a discharge will take longer and some of it will be done at a lower than selected current.
This is not really a problem for the charger, but you do not get the test you expected.

That may be true. However, the fan is the reason/cause of this behavior,that is all that matters to me! It is not capable of conducting Charge/tests is a normal fashion, would certainly yield inaccurate results and would probably take 6 hours instead of 3!

Thanks,for the input.