DinoDirect:supfire X5"Group Buy" *$18.99*Now you can order more than one

Same serial number but I could care less, it is an excellent light for $19 bucks. If you are unhappy with yours put it down as a lesson learned and don’t buy from DinoDirect any more. If you want genuine stuff with all the bells and whistles buy from reputable dealers brands such as Olight, Fenix, Jetbeam, etc… In the beginning I mostly bought big brand lights from US dealers and was happy with most but now I had much rather buy the cheaper stuff. If you find a better light for $19, let me know. I can also understand what you are saying but it is a very nice light for $19.

Both of my lights and all Supfire lights/models feature that same number.

It’s the telephone # to call with the code from the sticker if you wish to authenticate.

Translation from authorized dealer page from Chinese: “Please note the time of purchase certainly need the box, check box on the security code, dial 4006883323 or send text messages to edit the security code 12114100167698 check the authenticity, no such anti-counterfeiting, or other security code are fake and shoddy goods.”

Ran the whole page through translation and DD did not come up

I like the pragmatic attitude of those who are really happy with their light for the $19. I find myself leaning the same way even though there is now a question raised by another member of whether the retail C8T6 I have has the 6x7135’s as the website states it should. I’ll be annoyed that this electronic spec was false (gotta get some snap-ring pliers in the next few days) but shipped epacket from the factory with box/lanyard/charger/cell/manual for about $28.50, its performance and machining would be hard to beat… except for a $19 X5 :slight_smile:

Thanks for that M,

That explains it. I’m sure I read a listing somewhere that said the serial no was on the side of the torch, that’s why I asked.

I see what you are say about liking the torch for $19, but as you say you would be annoyed if the spec of your torch is wrong, well same here. You see at 2.3A it is in no mans land for me. I have brighter and more powerful torches, but only by a little, at 2.8A it would have been a different story.

Thanks again for your post, it has at least cleared up the number on the side of the body :bigsmile:

Marc.

apparently i didnt see the shipping confirmation… it found its way into my spam folder some how…

i ordered 1/28… shipped 1/29! says 7-14 business days for regular mail

Dear All,
After read the reviews in the post,I fell awfully bad.The supfire X5 We have sold and all the supfire flashlight we are selling are genuine.The spc of the Supfire flashlight is same as www.supfire.com.We can sell supfire X5 at $18.99,as we lauched this group buy not for profit.When you receive this flashlight and test the quality,you’ll know the flashlight is worth 18.99.

I’m shocked at the email that marcl received from Supfire.As Supfire begun the holliday from 25th Jan to 19th Feb ,it’s not easy for me to search the facts quickly.I’ve just contacted with Supfire and Supfire have promised me that they would send a email to marcl to explain the truth.

Best regards,
summer

Hi Summer,

I would just like to say that I don’t expect anyone to do anything whilst it is CNY, Including you. You should enjoy your holiday.

Also the email was not sent to me it was sent to M, I think. You can see the email above.

I would also like to say that the torch is of good quality, that is not the problem for me, my issues are with the promises given by you regarding the spec and serial number card.

Thanks for reply Summer,

Marc.

Thank you for this offer Summer: received shipment confirmation several days ago :slight_smile:

From what I’ve read most seem to be happy with the lights they received but someone wrote that the power measurement of the light was low (sometimes happens) and also nobody received the serial number sticker for the lights (if the lights were sent directly from the factory - I assumed this because you wrote “As the spring festival will come soon in China,Supfire factory will take thier holliday from 25th Jan.This group buy will ended on 24th Jan.” - the missing stickers are a problem with their shipping department and should be easy to fix after the holiday ends)

I agree with Marc that there is nothing to be done now and try to enjoy your holiday.

The coated lens was one of the main reasons I bought 2 of these flashlights. After thinking it over for a few days, Im still disappointing that they didnt come equipped as advertised. While I completely agree that the lights are well worth the price I paid, I think Summer should make good on her advertising and send me a pair of coated lenses.

I paid for coated lenses so I believe I should receive them as advertised.

Summer, can you please help me?

I’m glad it’s not just me, I too agree that torch should be sold as advertised.

By the way have you taken any tail cap readings?

Marc.

Agree about the AR coated lens issue - I looked mine over very carefully this weekend and the X5 definitely does not have the purple-ish tint to it like I see on other AR coated lens I have. It's pretty obvious to me now to see the difference, just got to catch the light at the right angle. For me, I looked at the reflection of an overhead light fixture.

Your remark prompted me to retest.

I got 2.75A on my initial test (dont recall which cell) but I didnt test the cell voltage prior. Must have been a real hot charge…

I just retested at a confirmed 4.19V resting with Xtar 2600 and get 2.56A. In comparing the X5 to my original KD C8, the KD C8 draws 3.01A on the same battery - immediately after it was tested in the X5’s). My properly driven C8 blows away the X5 beam.

I had intended on eventually swapping X5 drivers for the 3 mode 7135 3.04A drivers, so Im not to disappointing in the tail cap readings. Still, the idea behind my purchase was to get a great pair of flashlights (as advertised) at a reduced cost. Im sure others probably arent to happy with their driver output. If I was going to leave it as-is, I wouldnt be to happy either. If I had to pick between owning 1 light between the KD C8 and the X5, Id chose the C8. It may not be as pretty, but the output, tint and mode spacing is much better.

Im not upset, but I do think Summer owes me a pair of AR lenses. The thick ones as advertised.

I’d like Summer to send me an AR coated lens too. Anti-reflective coatings increase light transmission through the lenses to 99.5 percent. With advanced technology, some AR coatings are even more scratch resistant than glass.

Sounds only right. I’m sure we could supply our order numbers to Summer.

FlashPilot - glad to hear you are getting the same # amps now as I do, was think'n I was off. So I think my #'s posted earlier for lumens, etc. are in the ballpark because they do make some some sense now at these amps and for this size light, maybe still a bit low, but it's a basic T6 of who knows what tint. It's a 20mm star, so, good candidate for a SinkPAD!!

Yes yours pulls slightly more than mine. I get 2.4A (I think it was around 2.43A) With a Sanyo 2600 straight from the charger and 2.2A from a Trustfire flame, also straight from the charger.

I think a change of driver would be good, but from what Summer told me, I should not have had to touch it. :frowning:

Marc.

First one sold 147 No reviews yet

Current one - almost three days left - sold 63 so far

I thought the factory was closed for the holiday?

Anybody else receive theirs yet? Pictures or beamshots welcome :slight_smile:

With my original understanding (posted above) that the C8T6 and X5T6 were internally identical, my readings have also been VERY cell dependent (four different kinds) with stock leads on the harbor freight dmm and assume yours would be too if these boards are identical (I got mine photo’d and posted a question in the DIY subforum). A low of 2.1A with the supplied Supfire cell to a high of 2.56 with - get this - Chinese Uni-Sun’s from a generic laptop-pack pull.

Still wondering what kind of board allows the approx. 3A with CR123a’s I measured (the site info was correct on this feature but not 6x7135 for the C8T6)

Well I haven’t try mine on C123’s yet but my friends has a couple, so I will try. Your Supfire cells seem a little low on power, do you know what they are suppose to be? Are they a branded cell or a xxxxfire type cell?

Marc.

Supfire X5 - Range 30’. 4.18V, high mode

Photo is a touch overexposed. Largish spot beam with sharp well defined perimeter. This isnt the concentrated beam (thrower) we had all hoped for in the photos, but doesnt do a bad job either. As with most XML’s, there is a slight dark hole in the center. VERY cold white tint compared to most other budget XML’s.

Recommended upgrades:

• UCL lens
  • 3A driver
  • I havent tried yet: mod the emitter centering ring by cutting off the raised lip that surrounds half the emitter dome. Possibly, removing the centering ring and electrically isolating the back side of the reflector with tape might accomplish the same end. Not sure what the beam pattern will look like after.
  • Emitter swap to anything other than what came in this thing. THE TINT IS HORRIBLE!

At this point, it would no longer be the budget light that was advertised. To bad, because the host is an excellent example of high quality CNC machining. If the standard finish of Fenix would rate a 10, Id rate the X5 a sold 8.5 with my examples.

How is the heat transfer? What size driver will fit for a swap? Will the 4a 4 group intl outdoor driver fit?