DinoDirect:supfire X5"Group Buy" *$18.99*Now you can order more than one

Summer send a “Magic Link” :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… didn’t get any “magic link” from summer :frowning:

I would not worry, yet. I am still waiting for a "Magic Link," as well.

Summer will need the email address associated with your DinoDirect account. You may want to PM it to Summer, if you have not done so already.

lol

let him time to see your post …

I’m still waiting me to

i pm’d her already… just waiting for her to send me the paypal invoice…

Nice to know

Thanks

Dear all,I’m writing the message to the friends who want to buy Supfire X5 one after another.Please reply me by PM.If any one who haven’t received my message,please wait for a few minutes or you can send me a message to remind me.Thanks again and again for all of your supports :bigsmile:

When Summer sends the “magic link”, it will show up as $23.99 but when you fill in the order it is $18.99, the correct offer price. For $18.99 this is only five of six bucks more than the cheap xm-l C8s on ebay and by the pictures the quality is way better.

I said no to buying one. No one has reviewed it and I was only going to buy 2 at a reduced price to cut my losses if it turns out to be poor. I would have been happy to do a review but I’m not prepared to run the risk on it.

Hey ho, money to spend elsewhere

I rather wait some reviews and pay a $5-7 price premium :smiley: Insurance premium!

I am for 1.

Got the Magic Link, PayPal sent. This looks like a quality host for that price - that alone is worth it for an upgrade mod.

a magic link for me, please

How do i go about ordering 1. Let me know thanks

The Magic Link still makes it cheaper at $18.99 than the other group buy at $21.99 :

http://groupbuy.dinodirect.com/X5-Bright-Flashlight-Cree-Xml-T6-900-Lumens-5-Modes-With-Memory.html

Ive got spare drivers coming out of my ears so I’ll take a chance on 2. Summer, PM sent.

For FlashPilot and others:

Dunno why I didn't notice this -- the pill is aluminum, not brass, though it's a good size. Brass would be much better for upgrading. I would interpret what she is saying is "copper" really is "brass" I assume.... It's got a brass retaining ring which may be a pain - I'd rather have a driver press-fit into a 17mm brass ring, like some under $20 C8 lights (and others) have, making the driver upgrade easy. I got a feel'n the driver upgrade on this is not so simple because the driver is inset and not going to brass, but aluminum. If you use a double sided 2.8A/3.04A 7135 driver, Guess you could use the technique to use thick wire on the top edge of the driver to create a barrier to screw the retainer ring down on - that's one option. Another option would be to force a brass ring in there, some creative dremel work maybe. I'm sure there's other options.

IMO, drivers fixed by compression rings are the easiest to replace and usually require no soldering (except for emitter leads and the +contact spring). Brass pills are great for modding because solder sticks to them, but they do a terrible job of conducting heat. I’ll take the aluminum pill with brass compression ring design any day. We wont know that these actually have till someone gets one. Either way, Id be surprised if these arent already equipped with a descent 3A driver. Time will tell…

Interesting... I always had problems with these, thinking to avoid threading the ring down onto 7135 chips - what do you do?

I havent used 7135 based drivers with compression ring pills yet. Mine were used with 8.4V drivers. Lets wait and see what arrives. Clearance for the 7135 chips might or might not be a problem. As long as a dead short isnt created, Id have no hesitation in clamping the retaining ring over 7135’s to provide thrust. First, place a piece of capton or electrical tape over the resistor to keep it isolated. Besides, 7135’s run hot and might benefit from the heat sink. There are to many unknowns of the nomenclature of the Supfire pill at this time. Either way, I dont see this as an obstacle for a driver mod - if necessary. Ive made grounding rings from thick solid copper wire to bridge gaps and also soldered pieces of wire to conduct ground from the driver. Solid copper wire is also easy to flatten in a vice or drawn with blows from a hammer to shape into the desired implement.