Direct drive Nichia 219C?

I’ve fit 12 onto a double sided 17mm without stacking, but it’s not your normal driver design though. You could use a slave board if you have room.

So if 6 amps is max, at what amperage is the 219C the most efficient?

Applies to all LED: use the lowest CRI/highest flux bin, lowest possible current, and as much emitters as possible your budget/driver allows.
But to get the minimum rated colour consistency, Nichia stated to drive it within 10% below/above the rated current which is: 350mA for 219B, 700mA for 219C, and 1400mA for 144AM. Beyond these current sets, the rated CCT/CRI might not be relevant to the data sheet (usually not a big problem for us, they’re still nice). Maukka also noticed in one of his test that the R9 improved with lower current (Oslon).

- Clemence

Texas_Ace’s diagram has a Lumen/Watt column.

I have some of these batteries: http://www.illumn.com/18650-keeppower-2600mah-samsung-icr18650-26f-protected-button-top.html

So the current discharge on these is around 5.2A if I am doing the math right, which would make these perfect with a FET driver and a 219C…. or am I wrong?

They will work with a 219C but if you run them at 100% duty they will most likely pull closer to 8A. It won’t damage the LED but it is above max lumens.