Disabled vet and new Flashaholic needs help..badly...reposted this in CORRECT place on here..sorry

i found this forum after bein tired of buying….shit……cause i was told people on here are fantastic in helping….so thank you

Really? Come on. It is named Budget Light Forum for a reason. Perhaps you should start reading & repost.

Flashaholic 1: Thank you for your service & welcome to the forum.

yes…i need one about 5.5 inches or so for my belt holder…i use a cane an several various body braces to get around from injuries etc so yes…pocket or belt size…head size could be like 1.75 etc…not a big multi battery one. i dont care what type battery…just need it for upclose usage an not far away stuff…i dont use it for massive amounts of continuous runtimes….so i will take ANY suggestions you have and THANK YOU for being patient with me…

thanks ricflair… really…and thanks for your comment…i would do it again if i could.

Mea Culpa. My post didn't sound like I wanted it to... I simply meant to advise you to stop spending money on stuff and read some to get an idea. Then you will have a much better idea.

I, too thank you for your service.

For the money - just grab a cheap C8. Tons of cheap mods you can do to make it a wow light.

Something in the Convoy S series might be perfect for you.

I like the Convoy S2 personally.

Review here:

Great price:quality ratio in Convoy flashlights, and you can get a good charger and a good 18650 cell for around $30 total (flashlight, charger, battery).

no prob an thanks…just tired an confused…thanks

the M1 is more of what i lookin for…thanks soo much…

DQG 26650 might work for you.
Triple emitter, single battery.

BLF review [Review] DQG Tiny26650 (Triple CREE XP-G2 R5 CW, 1x 26650)
Product page Loading...

It comes with a battery so you just need to buy a compatible charger.

C8 is great. A great starter rig that can be modded to whatever you chose. I have several.

Also check around for something that has a P60 drop in. They are equally fun & easy starter lights. I also like the Ultrafire 502B light. Great value!! Following is a link to a member who usually has a few already modded for sale.

How about a battery charger?? Nitecore I4 is great too. And batteries?? look into some lights that use a 18650.

Along with the other suggestions mentioned above.

Good luck.

PM sent

The name for that feature is “flood”, and its inverse is “throw”, which is what a lot of contributors here prefer. It can be challenging to find a good “flooder”, at least for me.

The C8 is a “thrower”, but the ones I’ve had are useful up close too. Your zoomie may already be able to give you some light close-enough for now until something better comes along. Have you tried zooming it in & out to see if that “square” gets any bigger?

The amount of time you need to use it between battery changes is called “runtime”, and is totally your call. On all night? On for a few moments at a time? Somewhere in between I’m guessing.

Also, there’s a cane with a flashlight in the handle, if that helps any.

Or maybe the traditional “anglehead” could hang on your gear somewhere & fill your AO with some useful light…?

Just tossing stuff at the wall to see what sticks…

PS: Welcome! With a handle like yours, you are DEFINITELY among Friends here!

A reflector light will have a bright center spot and a dimmer spill area around it. A well focused aspheric will produce a tight square beam(it actually beams an image of the led die which is square) a TIR solid plastic optic is capable of producing an smooth even beam with a larger center spot and an even dimmer spill area and it sounds like this might be what you want but not sure. The most common TIR size is 20mm but larger and smaller ones can be had. They fit well in AA Maglite mods.

For any of the “roll-of-nickels” lights, if you want more Flood, you can add one of these optics to open up the beam… It’s not as hard as it seems, and if you want that & can’t do the work, I will do it for you for no charge, if you cover parts & postage. (No, that’s not worth thanking me for, it’s easy and well worth my time just to see how “that model” works)

EDIT: Sorry, I didn’t check that M1 before I replied. That’s a big-head thrower, not really a flooder, so …

My offer still stands, but the TIR I mentioned won’t come close to fitting in an M1.

Spot light, bright n cheap.
maybe Xintd C8 v5 with XPG2 version on $30 can suits your need.

I’m most certainly not trying to suggest anything or shill for anybody, but if you were interested in a “roll-of-nickels” form factor from Convoy, one of the better models just went on sale (or not, it’s apparently a little confused)

YBTJ: weekly promotion convoy S2+ (over) - Commercial Sellers' Spot - BudgetLightForum.com

If I did it, wanting Flood as I do, I’d go with these options:

driver customization:
7135*8 extra $0.88

led customization:
XML2 T6-3B extra: $0.53

… and I’d replace the reflector with that TIR I linked or a 60° TIR (bigger ball of light, only useful w/in 50’ - 80’ or so) for me.

I can’t recommend any of this until I see one, but the opportunity is there & you asked…

I was going to suggest the Roche F6 or F12. And thank you for your service.

Convoy M1, not a big light at all. More like a P60 sized. Seems he is looking more for P60, for belt carry.

I thought the convoy s2 with a tir sounds like a perfect match here ..he sounds like he likes the flood to throw ...Just not the blinky modes and hates the square led projecton in throw mode .

i personally think everyone loves a tir / crisp clean edge ..

I'd get one with a bunch of throw and then if you wanted I'd add diffuser material in some sort of pop on ... ( like the cap of a milk jug) ..to make it a quicky smooth flooder.. sort of best of both worlds ..

if it were ME i'd buy two lights..but thats me

Armytek Partner-series offer the choice of large or more focused spot type of beam, and achieve a great TIR beam. Simple interface with 2 modes, and you get to choose the tint too (their warmer tint is very nice!). Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: