【 DISCONTINUED 】 Utorch S1 Mini

fwiw, The Utorch S1 Mini is on Flash sale at gearbest for under $20.

Does anyone has any opinion on this flashlight when comparing it to the OTR M3?

The Utorch has an aspheric lens. It is completely floody, with no hotspot. I love it for close range.

The M3 has a reflector and flat lens. The beam has a hotspot. It is not good for flooding close range, its purpose is to shine a small hot spot on things farther away.

So, I would say do not buy the Utorch for outdoor use past about 10 feet, and do not buy the M3 for indoor use at close distance.

the beams are Completely different. If you have never tried an aspheric, the Utorch is the least expensive way to find out if you like a full flood close range beam. I Love it, because I use the light inside my house, and inside my car, and inside my camper. If I try to use it outdoors, I only expect it to illuminate my footsteps, nothing more than 10 feet away.

most reviewers Hate the aspheric lens, maybe because they are into Max Lumens, and Max throw. The M3 is a better choice for them.

I dont use max lumens, I never use Turbo on the Utorch. All my use is at the low end of the output range. I love my aspheric experience so much, that I have bought a total of 3 Utorch S1 Mini. I even sold my Olight S Mini and Olight S1 Mini, because for me, the Utorch beam is So Much Better!

it all depends on what you want to use the light for. you can read more of my utorch opinions here, where I compare it to an Olight (which for me sucks at close range indoors as the beam is too narrow for what I do)

The beam of the Utorch is like from a simple zoomie SK68 on full flood.
On the road M3 uses a conventional reflector.

UTORCH S1 MINI

in stock again!

( only 5000K version )

Thanks Fin17!
I just ordered two for the price of one. Now the long wait for shipping.

LightObsession :beer:

Sounds good. I’m in.

Buy 2 pieces or more

and get an incredible price

of $ 13.49 for each!!!

Any chance of this coming back? Mine has intermittent fault

That was a good price for a good host.

Mine was also intermittent. Found some old posts about this problem and it is caused by a loose screw under the lens. You have to unsolder the wire from the head of the screw, tighten the screw, then re-solder the wire. I used copper solder wick to clean the screw head so I could tighten it down.

Is there any chance to buy this flashlight somewhere?
On Gear Best is now out of stock :frowning:

I’ve searched this light for a long time, and that was already long ago. Finally managed to get one, but there’s an alternative: Klarus Mi1C (aluminum, non-HCRI version) has the same lens.

Pros & cons of the Klarus:

+ doesn’t take ages to switch off from high

• much better body
  • much better clip
  • much, much better beam with virtually no artifacts
  • comes with rechargeable battery (µUSB port)

- strobe on double click

- no beacon

- stiff switch

• nice ramping only to and from turbo

hth,

Thomas

Thank you for response! I heard about the Klarus Mi1C.
Where did you finally found uTorch? I bought it from: 192led.com but they canceled order :slight_smile:

192led.com is a scam site. If you gave your credit card data, be sure to check your account!

I bought a used one from someone on german TLF (actually two, gave one to my former GF). You’ll need some luck to get one. It’s rare. I guess Utorch had a small batch, then got into trouble about the name, since it belongs to Olight.

Uff, I used Revolut temporary credit card, disabled. Thanks!
I found on Aliexpress M3 PRO, what you think about it?

Don’t know it. From the specs, it didn’t meet my EDC-requirements IIRC, but it might be ok for you. Check the UI if you like it. But you know it’s a whole different beam with its reflector. Not better or worser, just way different from aspheric lens lights.

It is a nice light!
I guess others didn’t have that problem, but I did, so please check if the parasitic drain while OFF is big or not so much!

Other than that, it is a very nice light!