【 DISCONTINUED 】 Utorch S1 Mini

Awesome! You must have added “Turbo-Jet” shipping!

Does it have a beam pattern like this photo shows? (ringy and distorted around the edge)

Thanks toddcshoe for the update on a production lamp.

So definitely not an Olight UI, bummer. :frowning:

Yes, it’s similar. Not as extreme as I am noticing it in that picture. I don’t have a dark enough room yet to take a decent picture of it. As soon as it gets dark here I will get a few shots of it. I seem to notice it the most in med mode. High seems to wash a lot of the rings out and on Low they just seem to blend together and aren’t as sharp edged. I’ll post some low, med, high pics here in a few hours.

The distortion is probably from the LED itself. The XML dome is flat on four sides.

That’s good news. For a while i believed that the rechargeable battery is not included according to GB description. Thank you for confirming!

Toddcshoe, thanks for the helpful info. I think several people here were in the dark as to what exactly they would receive.
I would like to know if you don’t mind, if you unscrew the tail cap a half turn does the light mechanical lock out.

Yes sir it sure does. Doesn’t take much turning at all. Just a few mm’s of movement from tightened seems to take care of it.

Thanks for posting the feedback, UI also is very similar to Nitecore HC30 as well as the SP32A’s pre-set mode group.

I’ve been keeping my SP32A in the ramping group because I like the “click ON - click OFF” configuration.

I was on the fence with this, mainly because the UT01 has become a real let down for me due to switch issues, but you’re post is tempting me now.

That’s good news, thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing a beam shot.

Thanks for all the info! The click-hold is on a couple other lights I have so I grudgingly will get used to it. Don’t know why they changed it :frowning:

Narmattaru did a review and the manual described a timer feature exactly like the Olight timer but I think there was a typo in the description on how to access it.
The manual said to double-click to access the 3 minute timer and double click again to access the 9 minute timer. Namattaru couldn’t get it to work using that method because the double-click is already used for another function. I believe it should read “double-click and hold”, could I get you to try this and see if it goes into timer mode?
On the Olight it will single flash to indicate 3 and double flash to indicate 9 minute timer has been activated.
Either way, thanks for the update!

Have you tried it on the 16340, if so what do you think of the output on max?

Doing the double click and hold, the light starts to blink rapidly for as long as you hold down the button. When you release the button the light is off and a press of the button makes it a momentary mode. Light will come on only in low mode for as long as you hold the button down. Just double click and hold again to take you out of that momentary mode. That feature was not in the manual.

Yes I did. I like the output on high, it is more than enough for me around the house and poking around in dark cranny’s. Against a white wall the beam is pretty much the same as the pictures above. Doesn’t really bother me in everyday use but, I guess it would if I were a white wall hunter and used only that as a basis for judging a light. I like it and am sure it will serve me well. I have a UT01 as well and have the switch issues with it. I don’t use it on a daily basis but will throw it in my pocket as a backup if i’m going to be out at night for extended times. As long as I remember to untwist the tail cap and retighten before using it.

Hm Toykeeper has in Andúril a similar funktion.
When you lock out the lamp you have still a momentary MOON.
It is intended as lock out but you can still use it for searching in a bag or for the keyhole. And because its MOON only you don’t start a fire or drain the battery much.

Does the better code still work? It should end on the 22th.

[quote=toddcshoe]

Does the switch have a better feel than the UT01?

I’m hesitant to buy because of those switch issues, you may have different issues but mine pretty much does what it wants when it wants, and unscrewing the tail doesn’t change things, for the most part the light is unusable. I hope this S1 has a better switch.

The coupon period was extended until March 31

The email I got 8 days ago did show it expires 3/22 however I tried it tonight I’m getting the “Ask me for code” price shown above. $23.99

OK great, was waiting for some feedback, which now we have some. :slight_smile:

The feel of the switch is very similar. Maybe a bit more stout requiring a more firm push on the button. However if it really is more robust and just not broken in as well at the UT01’s button then it may very well be the same switch, not real sure. If my eyes were a bit better and I felt comfortable taking it apart without destroying anything I certainly would.

As far as my switch problems on the UT01, it would turn on and operate just fine. When you turned it off it wouldn’t come back on until you unscrewed the tail cap and tightened it back up. Then it would work fine again until you shut if off again.