Discussion: Sofirn LT1S Pro (Anduril tint ramping + Red)

How can I do that?

Idk. I didn’t notice any difference between 45C anf 60C thermal control temp.

It involves compiling firmware. Setting that up is the biggest hurdle. Once things are set up though, if I recall correctly, it mostly just involves dropping a #undef USE_THERMAL_REGULATION into the LT1S config file.

Isn’t momentary mode simpler to verify if it’s the thermal regulation or not ?

Oh, you mean that I need some special equipment. Not an option for now :frowning:

How exactly?

1H from off, if you get full output without stepdown then there’s an issue with the thermal regulation (because there’s no thermal regulation in momentary), if not then it’s another problem.

Didn’t get it. If I hold 1H, it starts from moon to turbo and then back to moon

Right, MOMENTARY! It’s not stepping down.

My bad, it’s 2H

You lost me again. With 2H it’ll just start with turbo and will go to the moonlight

Momentary mode doesn’t use thermal regulation, so if thermal regulation is your problem, it will hold turbo as long as it has battery, while if it is dropping for other reasons (e.g. LVP) that will still happen.

It’s hold turbo in momentary. So it could be only thermal, nothing else?

What goo did you use? Can I use some thermal paste for CPU cooling?

I don’t remember exactly which goo I used, but it’s one of the many types designed for CPU cooling. I want to say Arctic Alumina, but I’m not sure if that’s it.

The goo is meant to be only a microscopic thin layer, not for filling bigger gaps… but in this light I used it for bigger gaps anyway. It’s not great, but it’s better than air.

The LEDs are soldered onto a big copper MCPCB, but the MCPCB didn’t seem like it had great contact with the host… so I gave it a goo bridge. No clue if it actually helped though.

Mine was pretty dry and covered only few spots. Also pressure is applied to only two spots. So I cleaned it and put on a thick layer of thermal paste. As you said, better than air.

Excuse me, but where exactly you recommend to apply it?

From what I recall, I put goo around the outer edge to give it a way to make contact to the outer shell of the host. It looked like that was the intended thermal path, but the pieces didn’t fit tight enough… so I filled the gap.

Also recommended: kapton tape over the battery LEDs. It reduces the piercing bright blue, and changes it to a nice shade of teal.

1 Thank

Umm… it very well may help in some regard. But if I have stepdown from turbo in 2-3 seconds, i don’t think it’ll help a lot. Because MCPCB cannot be hot in a few seconds.
So no real way to solve the problem of my unit?

Contact tech support.

They didnt care. They just refund me 40% of the cost of the light.