Divorce (over flashlights) not me

I just bought the Maratac copper light (I blam Johnny) & was wondering if anyone has divorced/separated/strained (or know anyone) over buying flashlights? I’m serious. I have been married 40 years so I guess my marriage can survive just one more light?

Keith

my wife just told me to get another hobby and it was ridiculous…can’t say I blame her…I barely use most of my lights and have found myself not buying as much…I save for the higher quality lights I really want…I do think i’m done for now until a new led comes out or something else tickles my fancy…

My wife said if I buy another light then she’s going to leave me.
I’m really going to miss her…… :wink:

Suggested personal ad for you (after the current one leaves, of course):

“WANTED: Good woman able to cook, clean, & sew. Must be caring, understanding, loving,….and love flashlights. Please send picture of favorite (budget) flashlight”

There are many parallels to these and other threads

That's what my wife said and I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. Im still waiting for the divorce paperwork to show up.

Seriously, that wasn’t funny. When I saw the thread title on the recent posts page I got a little knot in my stomach. I realize the divorce is a part of modern society, but with all I know about your life (which really isn’t much) I felt really sad about a divorce being added to your woes.

Luckily, a real divorce isn’t what you are talking about.

Yeah, when I saw the title I got worried. Especially considering you were MIA for a bit.

I pissed my pants with this one!!

:bigsmile:

Funny story from tonight. The microwave cooked itself for dinner so I met a friend at Wallmart to get a new one.This time I chose one of a more resonable size than the previous model.My wife came downstairs and remarked that I recovered a lot of counter space with the smaller oven.Then she made her mistake and said that I would probably just fill up the space with more flashlights! HA! What a great idea I told her, I guess she is starting to support this hobby after all!What a wonderful woman!

My divorce reeeally helped me see the light…does that count? Hahaha, best thing that ever happened to me…never again! (going on 6 years of freedom!!)

If my wife mentions divorce I say:

You can’t leave me you earn too much money!

Got a shock too… Not to that stage still… Just some harmless threaten…

@scaru, cone. You guys are alright. Concerned about someones marriage whom you have never met :slight_smile: If my marriage was so weak as to be threatened by a flashlight (or many lights HeHe) I wouldn’t want to be in it anyway. I gained a little credibility with the whole family recently. The GD has a rat prob & they thought the rats are nesting way back under the crawlspace (2 feet high) & no one would crawl under there & check as it was about 80ft back in there. Well My GD had various friends/relatives bring over numerous big box lights of all flavors. They must have had ten lights over there & not a one would reach out & properly light up the required distance. Enter weird ole grandpa. I gave her the little S-Mini XPG 360 lm. She got it over there & people laughed & said that little thing? They were then amazed when the little light put a big hot spot on the far wall of the crawl space. Yep, they were nesting there YUK! I’m fortunate in that I make my own disposable income on the side & never touch the household budget. I met my wife when she was 14, married her at 16 & have been together 40 years. Our only prob is my poor wife has still not fully recovered from the loss of her baby boy (probably never will). I pray no one is having marital problems over flashlights. Life is too short for such trivial matters.

Keith

fishinfool, are you for real? Back in the 70’s my best friends wife left him cause we ‘fished’ to much. For real. we fished 5/6 days a week. We would drive 50 mile West & fish all night & be at work by 7am (drunk). When we were not driving to the lake we would put in on the Detroit river or drive 10 mile South where there was a secluded shore spot where we could build a fire (drunk). My friend died 5 yr ago.

Keith

Good luck, bit of a sausage fest around these parts.

Just for clarification, I didn’t think budget flashlights were the cause, I just thought your OP was going to be about the misses leaving for whatever reasonand that you were turning to your invisible friends to vent a little. This, given the other tragic event, really broke my heart. Thankfully, you were just being cute… and I see you edited the title so as to not cause more panic amongst the membership.

Oh, and VFMaddict, this one’s for you…

my wife just wants me to be happy

i could spend $10 or $1200 a month and she honestly doesnt care

but if she asks for something and ive spent all the extra $ on myself and have left none for her…. well…. then we have a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Cone, I am really touched by your concern for your cyber friends! I grew up in the kind of environment where men do not show their ‘caring’ side for fear of showing weakness. I believe it shows strength. Now I’m concerned about what fishingfool said. Don’t know if he was being tongue in cheek or serious. I certainly did not mean to open old wounds. Just that I’ve heard comments about wife’s complaining about flashlights & just wondered if this hobby could lead to a contentious relationship. It is not an issue at my house cause I do not touch the household budget for my fixes so just never thought about it till hearing little things on these forums. Probably a dumb topic for a thread but to late now. Sorry if I may have struck a sore spot with anyone :expressionless: .

Keith (who sometimes lets his mouth overload his ass)

if only a flash lite would do it