Flashlight Intervention

Must be getting too addicted. Came home from work, and found a 'package' that clearly contained a flashlight.

It was left on my desk, signed off by my wife and my daughter...

LoL I think they are trying to tell you something...

It's funny that usually it is women who nag us about the hobbies we have, and not the other way around...

Multiple solutions...

1. Tomorrow, write "I love you" on their mail. Girls dig that, and they will get a bad conscience for writing something that unimportant on your mail.

2. Pretend it wasn't a flashlight, but a present for your wife. Something like an experimental jumbo-lipstick. Just use your fantasy. But now you're so upset that you just sent it back.

2. Call your local power company and ask for a longer power outage, then generously hand out flashlights to your family members

That's why I deliver mine to work!

-Garry

Take a sharpie and go write "Too many SHOES!!!" on all of your wife's shoes ;)

Well ok, not all of them, maybe just the last 25 pairs that she bought...

All good advice, but I'd modify #2 to say "Tell your wife it is a flashlight, but it was for her for Mother's Day, but now you're too upset to give it to her and are keeping it for yourself to teach here a lesson. If all else fails, start ranting about shoes!

Actually, I wouldn't worry about it until the postman of UPS guy start leaving you those types of notes. Until then, keep on keeping on.

Troop found himself in a terrible position.
He'd come home to a package with a requisition.
"No More Flashlights" it said,
So he posted a thread,
And the members passed him ammunition.

-Garry
(Dang that was hard to finally come up with one!)

Ya, I don't know how those other guys crank out so many, seemingly without effort. Nice job, nonetheless.

So before long they ended up in a fight.
Troop tried to justify his love of lights.
He figured he had nothing to lose,
so he said "You've got too many shoes,
Now he's sleeping outside at night.

-Garry

My wife must have a sister her parents never told her about!!!

My wife was just a little less subtle, she told me straight out yesterday that I need a flashlight intervention as I proudly showed her the modified light I finished up yesterday.

Too bad I can't show this to her now so she can find her long lost sibling . . .

Now Troop didn't like being out in the cold,
So he thought he would try something bold.
Grabbed his UF980L
Shined it into the window (bright as hell)
And she came over to find a gift - some new gold.

She looked at her new ring with delight.
Boy how it glistened so bright!
Must be a carat or 2,
Troop I forgive you,
Feel free to buy yourself another light!

My wife looked at me like I was growing another head on this past Saturday. Yes, I happened to be taking pictures of my new flashlight, what of it?

This coming from a woman who's got a rather large cabinet of stinky friggin' candles. I can't open that thing without getting a headache from all the different perfumes jammed into those inadequate light sources.

HAHAHAHAH!

What's it gonna be, Boy? C'mon, I can wait all night
What's it gonna be, boy, yes or no? What's it gonna be boy?
Yes — or — no! Paradise by the Dashboard Light

The bad part is the light in that package was the $9.99 Streamlight I got off eBay.

If I'm gonna get busted, I'd much rather it was from a Dry or a King, not some piddly-a$$ed out-of-date 10 dollar light.

By looking at my fast growing collection (that I expose in a showcase, which I bought for this purpose only), I fear this could in fact also happen to me sooner or later.

What will I do when this happens? My wife owns barely more than 8 pairs of shoes...

Shhh, it's a "readiness" or "emergency preparedness" case!!! Your meticulously crafted plan is for everyone to know exactly where they are when the power fails.

Also, it helps to count purses and sometimes the cost of the makeup and jewelry. If that's not enough, pay your dues when the time comes and smile.

I've tried the "I don't smoke or drink" route, saying I would actually spend a lot more and have poorer health to shoe for it if I did. Flashlights are a safe and healthy addiction, plus they might come in handy in an emergency.

That tactic did not work.

BTW, it seems that we have recently come into a custom prose fad here. Is the limerick all we do?

The limerick packs laughs anatomical

In space that is quite economical.

But the good ones I've seen

So seldom are clean

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

Troop,women hate not being involved in things,so.....get her involved! All it took for me was a purple olight eos and BAM!!! now she has one and make her find a need for it.It helps you to put something small in your order for her,then she is distracted and you can smuggle your stuff down to the mad scientist laboratory unscathed.Worked for me so far.