Hello from Texas

David Here, Nice to meet everyone!!

I have been lurking around,reading post and trying to learn something, the reason being, I recently purchased a HWAWYS UltraFire WF-501B, it came with a 18650 rechargeable battery and plugin charger, from a guy here in town, but, now I know paid to much. I really like this flashlight, it is very bright, (The seller states they are 510 lumens), The thing I do not like about this light is, that the battery has to be removed to be charged.

Now, here are my questions, after looking on E-Bay and other sites I found here, I am very confused about the brightness of these lights.I see some just like mine ,that state they are 250 lumens, some that say they are 1000 lumens and some say they are, "more that 500 lumens" which is right???

I would like to buy another flashlight, and want it to be aleast, as bright as the one I have, but able to charge the battery inside the flashlight,I found this one on E-Bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/7w-Rechargeable-CREE-Q5-LED-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-2x18650-Charger-013-/120872359592?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c248dd6a8 will this be what I want??

Input will be appreciated

Thanks

David

Hi, David. I have no experience with the type of flashlight you desire. I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction. In the meantime, "Welcome to BLF".

Welcome to BLF holeysocks.

Hello and welcome to BLF. Not sure what your trepidation with removing batteries to charge them is? Part of respect and care of Li-Ion batteries is inspection and checking the voltage before and after charging. I've never been too impressed with charging in the light types, except on some pretty high end torches.

I have no experience with the light you linked to, but I would guess that the lumens are overstated with that emitter and the fact it is a zoomie, which loses a lot of lumens due to the lens. My one 18650 zoomie puts out about 350 lumens in my estimation. Still throws like a mother though.

Yo Tex, you got a 501B, which is your basic budget light. Not sure how bright it is because we don't know what drop-in (bulb) is in it. Could be a number of different ones. Hang around here, read up on "P60" lights (that is what you have) and you will soon be spending more money than you have on lights you don't need.

Really!

Hi David, welcome to BLF. Love the nickname btw! The first rule with seller brightness specifications is to take them with a pinch of salt, they are all exaggerated. As for the light you've linked, it gets a decent review here from a trusted BLF member: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5169 Whether it's all you'll ever need is another matter..

That is a fair question!! My trepidation with removing the battery to charge it, is,,,, the light will be used at work,, I work in Waste Water and my "office" is the cab of a 2000 Ford Super Duty 1 ton truck, also light may have to be charged in all types of weather,and with possibly dirty/nasty hands. so removing the battery and carrying an xtra charger in my very crowded "office" would be a pain in the A$$

Thanks for all the answers and greetings

David

Welcome to BLF, David! Wow! Another texan!

Darn it !

Welcome .

Well played!

Have you thought about the going the flashaholic route? Seems you are allready at the edge of the slippery slope so I might as well suggest this before some of the other guys do it....

Buy 4 more lights of the same type and recharge at home? Then you just grab a new one from the office when the battery cuts off? ;-)

In other words “knee deep in s**t” How big of a light? I have one of those small spotlights that uses a car charger and it provides lots of light. I think there are even some right in walmart, in the automotive section. In fact, I know there are some. One or two is LED and fairly bright, if I’m not mistaken. Put a lanyard on it and it would work well.

@Ledsmoke, I wish you could have seem the look my Girlfriend just gave you!!!

@Old-Lumens, we need something to navigate about with( in my best British accent) and to see in places where these 56 year old eyes have trouble..And I just fitted the truck with work lights(at my expense) but thanks for the Idea

holeysocks, pretend like you are not reading this. The run, don't walk, to the nearest exit. Things will only get worse. Ten years from now you will be finding notes on your packages like this.

If she knows how to bake cookies, and I'm talking real homemade here, not slice-n-bake, then disregard this advice and elope to Vegas tonight.

Oh and just tell 'em, there’s Texas and there’s everything else.

Howdy and welcome to the club, holeysocks!

Aloha and welcome to BLF holeysocks!