DIY 18650 Li-Ion battery voltage checker

Ledoman, have you measured accuracy with a good DMM across all 6 channels? I almost got one last year but the accuracy was horrible and inconsistent. The model also looked a lot different than yours, so Im hopeful that yours is better.

Also, can you please measure the current draw in milliamps (mA)? If its low enough, I might mount one on the battery pack of my bicycle and just leave it on while in use.

This is the one Im considering:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F00077-Voltage-Indicator-Checker-Tester-LED-Lipo-1S-6S-Battery-/130628507135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a10d5ff

Is this the same as yours?

I just had an idea to modify a flashlight with this thing. I will probably rewire it and leaving out the last led that would show full 4.8V If the next led is lit at 4.15/4.2V it's showtime! Pretty decent led indicator to show battery life. I will probably try one out. A bigass sideswitch flashlight could accomodate this at the rear with some carefully modding to look decent, a mag perhaps or the infamous 3AA sipik could do it on side but that will make it 18650 only and look very crude. Still the cheapo led indicator for charge status is here. Wish it were smaller and 2.5/4.3 range. Perhaps with time...

Yes all those are the same and have good accuracy. Didn't measured with more than two cells, though. But I also got red 2S-26 ones and they are much worse. Did you get one of those reds last year?

Grey 1S-6S you pointed out are one of the best. By my experience, you won't be disapointed. I'm still using it very often to check my batteries.

Can I make this to be AC independable?

I mean, it would be superb if I wouldnt had to plug it in AC everytime I want to use it.

Maybe its possible, because its 2-bay, to have one 18650 to power it, and other bay would be for voltage checking.

I need something like this badly :o

I mean, how it is powered? By the same cell he is checking?

Wich TF charger?

It charges over 4,2V?? Uff, dangerous. I wonder how you noticed that

it’s powered by cell that you ar checking, no need for aditional/external power…