DIY contest. Beam shots in the op

When it’s done, even Steve will get it! :stuck_out_tongue:

0:)

Question, how does the second cell come out? It looks as though one comes out the head, will the tail with springs come off to change cells? (the part I wasn’t getting)

I honestly dont know what I'm doing with my own. Got drivers and stuff. I know I think I will need two 39mm internal circlips. Where they go is in a hole but where? And then the other stuff has to go in somewhere and a switch and lots of wires. I think I'm doomed unless one of you guys can come around and help.

I can melt some solder in a tin cup and splash it in that hole once you get the wires and stuff crammed in, should hold it all together. Whatcha think? I know we wouldn’t compete with the Duck for creativity, but we might have a pretty nice conglomerate of parts anyway.

I think I’m gonna scrap my big bullet idea, not competitive at all. And grinding steel scares me.

The cells parallel park. 1st one goes in and slides over under the switch pad bottom up and the second goes in next to it tail first w/pos up against the driver.

And the first one in cooperates? Coming back out, I mean? My luck it’d get stuck in there! Steve’s luck it’d short circuit, and get stuck in there! :open_mouth:

We’ll see. I spent a good part of last night and most of today building up layers of fiberglass and JB around the modified Judco switch. Going by the mix splotches, 5 layers in all with the last one for the actual curved brass contact plate that hopefully allows that cell to slide into place. I think I know why no one seems to copy me, I make things to ridiculously complex. Good ideas are supposed to either make something better or easier to do and the best I can do is just “huh, too hard to follow”.

The too hard to follow is just Dale and I. We love your builds and the reason I cant follow them is because I'm __________ ______ ____ _________ . I think you get the picture now. Fiberglass. Now theres another item I'm hopeless with. I must run of and have a look.

You cut and file and drill, and in the end it not only fits but actually looks really beautiful. Always amazes me. When I try that, results are the exact opposite in every aspect. :stuck_out_tongue:
The sketch is also very intriguing, I’m looking forward to see the build progress! :slight_smile:

Bump on the switch.

Bump on the head

Two things. What size reflector are you using and the switch you were making me hasn't turned up yet. Ok, one more question, are you a plumber, know a plumber or live next door to a plumbing shop?

You mean this?

It’s done and I think will do just fine. The battery just slips past it sliding nicely around the smooth bend in the brass. I have another surprise in store that needs to be done before the switch gets installed.

The reflector is This one from FastTech, 36.5mm. It’s the same size I used last year. The head will be bigger than I want but I can make a smaller one if this proves too big.

No, I’m not a plumber or live next to one and heaven help anyone who wants me to try. I can sweat a joint but there’s more to it than that or a decent butt crack.

Ow! Another bump on the head.

I feel at times a bit lonely here. Still looking good. I hope the head is better soon. We'll have to change your name to Ouchyhead.

A lot of people are reading but not many posts. I wonder if I’ll get to 40:1.

Come on dude. Hurry up and finish. You haven’t got all day you know.

Oh, that’s me. Oops, sorry dude.

LOL!

This makes my wood light seem limp.

Right now there are more prizes than finished lights. Please don’t stop. Reading the other build threads helps me get through mine. Everybody else’s triumphs and disasters are encouraging, entertaining, and educational. I start out thinking “this won’t be too hard” and before I know it I’m straining to solve something I didn’t think of before. Then I read another thread and say”Doh, why didn’t I think of that”.