Do glucosamine supplements help with joint pain?

Just a vague guess, the “porosity” of the chondroitin would act as an ion-exchange resin and sop up some of the glucosamine.

Not that it won’t work at all, but just that you’re not getting the maximum benefit of it.

2022 Harvard Health Letter Summary of Evidence

Taking any supplement can be dangerous in some circumstances. For example, glucosamine is contraindicated for people with glaucoma or shellfish allergies. See your doctor before starting any supplement regimen.

I take a combination of these with good results. I order from Swanson and/or VitaCost.

• Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Turmeric & Black Pepper
  • Tart Cherry

Follow instruction on the label of the supplements. Must get those certified by local health ministry, don’t get those cheaply imported grey market supplements claimed to be certified by foreign countries.

It is a bit of a crap shoot when buying supplements. Google is full of BS. That’s why I like first hand info here.

Yes, this ^

Tart cherry juice is on the shopping list. Thanks.

Most important is muscle development, but it needs good advice on training methods.

Got rid of my shoulder pain years ago :blush:

Now is my time to take Glucosamine as prescibed by my Rheumatologist.

I have been having middle/lower back pain for more than a month already, started taking it since the 16th of last month and slowly the pain is getting manageable.

The pain comes when I sit for a considerable time, but I still do very fast walking and jog for 300 to 400mt., six times a week, without pain.

probably
for most causes

at the least, it usually doesn;t seem to CAUSE problems, it;s not ruinously expensive, and most people think it works somewhat

i myself take it, and i don;t have many aches and pains

but i don;t get it new

i get it ‘used’ - or at least pre owned

[[it;s very easy to find at estate sales, guess why…
you can also clean up on wheel chairs and oxygen equipment if you want…
books like ‘the rice cure for cancer’
yeah
that
:slight_smile:
]]

Sometimes Costco sells Tart Cherry Juice in the warehouse.
I also take Tart Cherry capsules I usually buy my capsules from the Vitamin Shoppe
I found the capsules potency varies from brand to brand, the house brand works and is economical for me.
I have arthritis / gout (depends who the doctor is) in my big toe. The Tart Cherry for me does take the edge off, but lately I have been cutting back on my beer
consumption which appears to be a contributor of my pain.

Chinese scalping. It’s not known in the western world but you have a lot of deep bruises that’s pinching nerves. You need to clear them out. A electric machine cost less than $30 from AE. As you clear it one layer at a time you will feel other pain areas surfacing. Clear those out and eventually you will be like a new man.

i thought beer was for relieving pain

THAT sounds pretty doubtful!!

Have you tried sodium bicarbonate powder for the gout issue?
Especially if you have acid reflex is going to reduce that fast, generally some burping occurs after taking it in this case.
May not be good actually for someone with very low stomach acid.

Tart Cheery is believed to be a source of melatonin also.

That is for darn sure. Add in lack of physical activity as well.

Beer, Motrin and a hot bath help my joints and back.

A joint now and then doesn’t hurt either.

I was taking glucosamine for about 12 years. I don’t know if it worked or not. I have a fairly physical history with lots of hits to hips, shoulders and knees. Hip pain started setting in long term for about the last 6 months. I’ve also been taking micronised curcumin during this time too (last 6 months).

I did some research again - like others here I now take glucosamine+chrondroitin+msm once a day. I also take a multi vitamin - I just don’t think I get enough things like calcium, vit c and d and k and all those other things.

I’ve also been taking collagen peptides powder. This also has curcumin, black pepper and ginger extracts (these last two help with curcumin uptake). So now I’m getting two lots of curcumin. And, there’s more :smiley: SAMe and omega 3. Look up SAMe - it does look good and has other benefits. It’s one of those things that decreases in production as we get older.

With all that, my hip pain has recently disappeared. I can’t point to any one thing. I really don’t won’t to get a hip replacement.

I had used capsules ARTHROSOFT,with Glycosamine,Chondroitine,Coercetine and unprocessed kernel oil.It worked for me,but unfortunately it is stopped now,as I understand,because I can’t find it anymore.Write to Algonot company and ask for it.
If you have some answer,please put it here .