Do you EDC a pen?

I dont, but when I will its going to be something like one Fisher's Space Pen models or their Trekker(?) model, Trekker looks more like meant to be carried around without worrying about its appearance.

I have the Victorinox Manager swiss army knife on my keychain. It has a pen built in instead of a toothpick. It's usable in a pinch, but not great to write with.

The Pilot Precise V7 is a really nice pen for signing stuff.

This is amazing! Flashlights and now another fetish of mine, pens??? I'm the king of pens. I use Pilot G2 gels .05-10 and I use them till completely dry, then frame them as a testimony to hard work. No, I'm NOT kidding.

I have the Fisher Space Pen. It's nice, and it is small, but I like to carry my EDC pen the traditional way, clipped in my shirt or jacket pocket. The Fisher Space pen does not have a clip and is more of an 'in the trouser pocket' pen which I don't really like.

Plus I have a couple of Mt Blanc's, my favorite being a Star Walker,which is way nicer to EDC!

Nope.

At work always, at home they are available as well as in car but I do not carry one on freetime.

Having LV2 first aid, you never know when you need to slice someone's neck open and insert the pen blank into their throat to save their life.

Carrying a regular sized pen in your pant pocket can be dangerous if you know what I mean. Can anyone recommend a small pen to carry with their keychain perhaps?

Sorry, watched to many House-MD & ER shows on TV.

Not key-chain size, and I dont have one, but the Space Pen has a clip avaialble and is smooth and compact and I dont see it to be dangerous. Its not a medical device though, LOL.

Used to only carry a Pentel P209 (0.9mm mechanical pencil), but started carrying a Zebra F-701 a few months ago. Not a pen guy, really, but the Zebra is pretty nice and could likely be pressed into service as a compliance tool in an emergency. Well, after I'm done soiling myself anyway.

wow, just googled that pen, looks awesome. I think Im going to try to buy one at staples tomorrow. thanks.

Ya, picked it up at Staples too, actually. Would not have noticed it but it happened to be right near the mechanical pencil refills. Was pretty cheap as I recall, because my bride didn't even flinch or ask me why I thought I might be needing it. It also seems to be one of the goto pens recommended on a more general EDC forum I hang out at. Enjoy.

A couple years ago, I did a little research on pens. Here are some pen review websites that I liked:

http://www.penaddict.com/

http://www.penreview.com/

http://officesupplygeek.com/category/pen-review/

EDIT: Googling "pen reviews" will result in the links above. Apparently I didn't do much research to find these sites.

I do at work..anything I need to write down I use my phone when i'm not at work..

COOL! I wondered about that and then thought it would be nerdish. Now it seems I'm just an underachiever....

LOL @myself!

i EDC the Space pen, have been since January and love it's size! was looking for a nice pen at the time that would just float across paper, one of those that doesn't even feel like you're even writing, well the Fisher pen wasn't that but i know it's been working flawlessly since i first got it and i'm not letting it go.

C'mon... anybody?

I don't EDC a pen but at work pens and lighters come home with me in my pocket. I don't mean to take them, but people forget that they gave them to you to use and never ask for them back. I guess it's just habit, let me use your pen or lighter, ask for it back from me. otherwise it lives in my pocket. If I did EDC a pen or such I would always have to keep in mind to ask for it back :)

Was the pen a gift? Was it just on loan?

On the other hand (literally!), I can't write with those, because I'm left-handed and I hold the pen at a weird angle with my wrist cranked to the right. The ball doesn't roll correctly and then my hand comes along and smears it to all oblivion.

I am left handed too and find some pens hard to use. To the point that in cursive and print I lean my wrist in a way then when I write it slants to the left.

My signature slants left, do you get that too admin?