Do you ever get a REAL tracking number when you order from GearBest ?

Around 35 orders last year and I always get a real tracking number. :+1: .

Thank you tata, now that is an added peace of my mind for me. And whoever responsible for updating GB’s shipment status should improve their consumer-end tracking service. That is a big no-no especially for some people who closely monitor their orders from time to time

Ok,
Here’s another mystery tracking number from a GearBest order that says shipped out several days ago, but I can’t even find a carrier that relates to this tracking number.

UP14876614422564

Anyone recognize the carrier for this tracking number?

Very helpful. Thanks.
Didn’t occur to me they would bungle the tracking info like that.
They did the same with my order. Some UPXXXXXXXXXXXX number that was not the tracking number at all.
Ticket submitted.
Like someone else said, they should get someone who can correctly enter data.

For batteries and knives, I always get a oddball tracking number. For everything else, Gearbest seems to send my stuff IB. At an average of $2.50 additional cost (which I’ll gladly pay) it’s FAST. I have 3 lights coming IB and betting by next Saturday, I have them all.

Hopefully that will be your solution, a simple error. :+1:
But hey, as much “data” as they have to enter each day, mistakes are bound to happen from time to time; even from the best of them. :slight_smile:

I totally agree, IB has been on top of their game the last few months for sure!!! :+1:

It is an unregistered shipping, non traceable

Naw, it’s the package-ID, sent through Mail Innovations, to be handed off to UPS once it’s in the States.

Gotta bug the folx at GB to give the “real” tracking ID.

Yeah, those initial numbers sent by GB are mistakenly called by them a tracking numbers but they are actually Customer Reference numbers given by the shipper when accepted.

GB will finally send the buyer an email of the correct Tracking number. I have pointed this out to their CS to correct this for I also received these numbers mistakenly labeled as Tracking no. and gave rise to this ‘not’ real tracking numbers.

I never get issues for training number provided.
Mostly are priority mail that required extra charge.

Maybe its surface mail that need to access different tracking site to trace your parcel

I have stuff that I received from GB several months ago whose tracking shows that it is still in the country of origin ?
I have also had 1 instance where GB told me that I had received & signed for a parcel.
Despite numerous requests by myself to see this supposed signature of mine, which didn”t exist, plus being told by them to check with my local sorting office (strange as they claimed they had proof I had signed for it ?) plus being asked to check with my neighbours (again strange as they claimed they had proof that I had signed for the parcel) I never received proof that I had actually signed for this package.
In the end I had to wait, iirc 60 days, before they would accept the parcel had been lost.
These are all with free shipping & the lost parcel is the only item that has not turned up in about 40 orders with GB, but who knows what really goes on with their shipping ?
Once it has left the seller it is out of their hands & goes through many hands before reaching it”s destination.
I have received packages as quickly as 9 days from ordering & other times 50 days all using free shipping.

Sometimes (especially with International Bridge) the tracking number changes. I had one which, as you mentioned, was still apparently stuck in China (looking up the referred-to USPS tracking ID), but then when I went back to the original IB link, it showed a different number, which agreed that it had been delivered. :smiley:

I created my own webpage which tracks orders I place, changing colors for pending, completed not yet shipped, shipped but in transit, blah blah blah, and the only javascript I use is for tracking IDs. It sniffs the number and guesses whether it’s from UPS, USPS, PostNL, IB, SYPost, everything I encountered so far. Then it “collects” those tracking IDs to its own table and lets me see at a glance where everything is. So quite a few times I’d see the IB number, the first USPS number (for reference), and the “new” USPS number. Click on the 1st, still in China. Click on the 2nd, it’s been delivered. The IB link now points to the 2nd USPS link.

I just get happy when I see the bugger’s now in Hebron Kentucky. At least I know it’s on this side of the planet. :smiley:

Yeah, kinda like my experience, only I had to start howling that I’d just get the charges reversed, and let them duke it out with the carrier (PostNL→USPS, iirr). I wasn’t about to go file a claim and then be stuck in the middle while everyone points fingers at everyone else, and I’m left standing around like a dill with neither the batteries nor the bux.

Other than that one time, I had pretty good experiences overall. No major trauma.

Ordered 8 NCR18650GA batteries from Gearbest on 2/14. Opened the mail today, and holy caw, they had arrived 13days. $36.02 shipped to the U.S. My GB streak continues. Now for the mandatory shakedown test on my opus and liito.

You & I must be riding the same streak Dirt!! I almost hate to mention it for fear of jinxing it. :wink:
I have always had great service from GearBest, but since about the end of this past October they have been on fire.
One shipment arrived in 4 days!!! The longest was one that took 15 days, but that was right in the middle of Chinese New Year. All the others have been between 7 & 13 days.
All of that is free or under $1.00 extra shipping. Never paid for insurance either.
All tracking numbers have been real & accurate too.

Keep up the Good Work GearBest!!! :+1:

11 day`s since the flashlight i ordered from AliExpress was shipped (16/03/17) the tracking number does not show the parcel even exists (I have tried a dozen tracking sites), it was shipped via China post, the thing is i paid extra for it to be shipped by Hong Kong post as i read that China post lost a lot of parcels.

John.