Do you have some suggestions for the new vapcell charger?

A 4 bay charger would be nice, smaller chargers are not so interesting for me

Features I would like:

A current-selection like 400 and 700 or 750 or 800mA for NiMH

A display which shows the state of all cells, even if it only shows 1-2 parameter concurrent

PC-interface with a software which show a graph of the voltage progress

A longer cable of the Power Supply Unit (the one from the S4+ is a bit short from charger to PSU)

PD might be nice, but ā€œgoodā€ PD supplies for 100 watts are not common nor cheap. I ā€œgoodā€ wall wort with come regulation and capacity would be better and likely cheaper to provide.
at least 18650> 26800 would work for me. AA size and NIMH/Lion a definite plus.
Though the 26800 is a real niche due to limited light capabilities and more so availability of cells.
I know we all look for the ultimate in capacity, but reality has to be a factor in deciding what may be a marketing only decision.
It would be nice to have the length capability, just in case. The extra length should give it the ability to charge the 18650/21700 cells with USB charging that are cropping up more these days.

Other than this the ability to have multiple charging current settings, capacity analysis, and charge/discharge to 70 to 80% would be great.
Display of charging current, current cell voltage and at least selectable cell IR reading would be great.
4 independent baysā€¦ a must for me.

Thank you for your suggestion. Which chargers can adjust the battery voltage at present

Except MC3000

It seems that the Ni MH battery has no storage voltage. Is it OK to store the battery fully charged?

Vapcell chargers will be available in various consumer markets

Automatic charging is basically possible unless the high-end charger

Use 4 points to determine IRļ¼ŒI donā€™t know if you want to ask DC or AC

If there is a large data difference in DC internal resistance measurement, I understand that the DC internal resistance does not need 4 wires, and the battery internal resistance can be calculated by using the voltage and current difference

AC internal resistance measurement is very expensive, but it is very accurate. It is not used in the charger at present

I hope it will happen in the futureļ¼ŒBut the unit price will exceed the wholesale price of more than $50. Retail unit price above $80

Iā€™m very happy with the S4 Plus. The only major improvement would be the ability to charge over-discharged NiMH batteries.

The ability to select between 1A, or 2A power bank output.

Iā€™ve used my S4+ as a power bank to charge my phone when the power was out due to storms a few times.

I'd like a ten-bay charger with 3A charging per bay.

Itā€™s ok and itā€™s recommended. Even the low-self-discharge NiMH cells still gradually discharge over time so they never sit at peak charge voltage for too long. When they are allowed to sit in storage for long periods at lower voltages they can lose some capacity/gain resistance - and if allowed to continue to self discharge longer then it can kill the battery (or if not kill it, reduce its performance so much that recycling it and replacing is a better choice). Soā€¦no storage function keep NiMH cells at a lower voltage level.

On the resistance measurement, I canā€™t help with technical aspects but I think Mooch and others have said that DC internal resistance is more accurate for our purposes, but doing the 4-wire AC measurement is acceptable enough as long as it is done well and can be fairly consistent/repeatable. I think itā€™s usually ok to be off a bit, but it would be nice to have the accuracy and repeatability for resistance measurement on a charger. If the chip senses higher resistance and chooses to use a lower charging current on li-ion itā€™s no big deal and users can manually choose a current instead. Sometimes on NiMH if the resistance reading on the charger is very inaccurate and is so high that the charger refuses to accept the cell, thatā€™s a problem (then users must try some form of dumb/slow charging for those cells even if they are still fairly good and capable of more charge current).

Very nice suggestions already mentioned. Some things I miss a bit when using my S4+ charger:

• Higher discharge current (to test the capacity of batteries), and maybe design it so the batteries themselves donā€™t heat up by the heat from the internal resistors?
  • Storage function (and maybe a ā€œ80-90%-charge-functionā€ but I would use the storage function more)
  • USB-PD input (but maybe also put a barrel-jack in there)
  • ā€œRealā€ voltage and current values that keep updating correctly during the charge-cycle

I also really appreciate the interaction you have with us on the forum, keep up the great work!

Hello, this is a temporary emergency power supply function, which is very bulky and difficult to carry out

If the voltage, capacity and power of the lithium battery are sufficient, it can be charged with 2A current output

1A is a normal charge. Maybe the charger has some 14500 batteries or low-voltage batteries

I do understand that this is a rather large dedicated charger, and not something meant to be carried around. The only time I use that feature is when I donā€™t have any other way to charge a cellphone at home when the power goes out, but do have charged 18650ā€™s, and or 21700ā€™s around.

The reason I said higher than 1A is on the bottom of the S4+ it says: USB Output DC 5V 1A. I hope I did not misunderstand.

My dream charger has the following features:

• Four charging slots. Should take all sizes from 26650 and down to 10180, even protected 21700
  • Fast charging for two batteries (3amp). Nice if you could charge with different amps. Ex. 2 amps for one battery and 1 amp. for the other
  • Possibility to charge small batteries from 10180, at least from one of the slots. In this case with adjustable current from 0.1 A up to 1.5 A in steps of 0.1 A
  • An included USB-C power bank function would also be nice
  • Led display shoving percentage of charge/discharge
  • Easy to use and understand with possibility to automatic functions
  • Good overview and instructions in package with readable font size
  • Of course, it should have ā€œstate of the artā€ electrical charging functions and security
  • And last but not least, a general high quality and finish

I understand that a charger like this will not be cheap, but the most important thing Is not the actual cost but what you get for the money!

Thank you for the opportunity to make a wish list!

Thatā€™s cool. The vapcell team will consider that this requires a very powerful adapter

Will many people like this chargerļ¼Ÿ

May write Max 2a, best,

If the 2A current is written, if some users find that the 2A current is not reached when charging, they will complain to us

Thank you very much for your advice

What auxiliary equipment does the company need for the 10180 battery?

General chargers are difficult to charge 10180 batteries, and the minimum is 16340 batteries

The main reason is that the 10180 battery market is too small, and few manufacturers consider suitable chargers

Everything else can be done

If it is a 2-slot charger, it can meet most of your functions. It is estimated that the retail price will be less than $30

Hello again Vapcell Dennis

And thanks for your quick answer!

I practically forgot a wish in my previous message:
I would also like an optimal charger to have an opportunity to show the actual condition of the battery, so that I can see when itā€™s time to scrap it.
There are chargers with a measuring function for battery resistance, but with the examples I have tried, it has given varying results when doing several measurements in a row, so it does not seem completely reliable.

The best is of course, if it is possible, to achieve an automatic measurement method when using the charger.

It seems that there is a big brand charger. According to the internal resistance, the battery performance is good or bad. If the internal resistance of the battery is very small, it shows an excellent battery

A battery has been used for some time to judge the aging degree. Generally, it depends on the current battery capacity and internal resistance changes

Personally, I think a 3000mAh battery can be almost replaced with a new one if it has 70% capacity left after use, which is about 2000mAh. Of course, everyone has different standards

During the use cycle, the internal resistance of the battery is also increasing. Of course, the customerā€™s acceptance standards are also different

How does the charger program set these standards?

The internal resistance of the charger is measured by DC, not AC, and the test data are different each time

The average value can be taken as the preliminary basis

It has been suggested in earlier posts that the minimum charging current be 500 mA. This I strongly disagree with as there should be lower charging currents available for charging smaller cells (slowly/gently) to prolong cell life.

It would be useful to have the charger being able to charge 10180 cells also. Although these cells are not very common at the moment, their prevalence seems to be increasing.

So charger charging currents could be something like 50 mA, 70 mA, 100 mA, 200 mA, 300 mA, 500 mA, 700 mA, 1000 mA, and so on.

Thank you very much for your advice

There are too many current gears. You may need a high-end professional charger to have such an option

Simple chargers are generally 0.5a/1a/2a, which is easy to operate

Vapcell expects to develop a 100mA unit charger, such as 100mA, 200mA, 300mA to 4000mA. It is estimated that it will take dozens of cycles if it is pressed in turn :weary:

In order to save time, press the current key continuously, and it will be automatically increased

I agree with those small steps are to much, but for NiMH-users with a huge amount of AA-cells something between 700-800mA would be nice :slight_smile: