Do you have some suggestions for the new vapcell charger?

Maybe the size is similar, but there a some big differences

1. Display is on top
  2. It have 4 buttons, one named “Type” which I guess it´s for LiFePO4 and/or LiIon Hv
  3. Fits longer cells

Need to see a turned on display and the top (Input Power)

The Mode-button let me hope it´s also an analyzer

Maybe they use the same screen as in the S4+ (tbh I don’t like these displays, graphical ones are much better for this type of device)
I don’t think we see an analyzer like the MC3000 here (but I don’t think this was the point of this charger shown)

The markings on the buttons could also be upside down.

The display of the S4+ is awesome (readable) but I´d like to see the state of all cells; maybe cycling values like Skyrc do.

Graphical displays are inaccurate because of the low resolution. The Xtar VC4SL have a mediocre solution, some values for all cells but it´s unreadable even at a low distance.

I don´t expect a MC3000-like analyzer but at least also a discharge function for capacity testing

Don´t believe it because the bays would be also turned. I know some chargers exist with “wrong insert if cells” but it´s rare

Sorry, I can only tell you the shape of the mold, which can charge 26800 batteries,the new product is still in the debugging stage and details such as functionality cannot be announced yet

After the product is confirmed, we will inform everyone :blush: thanks

1 Thank

Just an update, still haven’t heard anything

One of the main usability issues with all chargers I’ve ever used (I haven’t used mc3000): pressing buttons to check each slot while charging is highly annoying. Need ability to display some data for all slots simultaneously. Solutions, starting with best:

1. each slot can show user’s choice of values.
  2. show most important values for each slot (e.g. % and Wh).
  3. standard display that can only show all data for one slot, but cycles thru slots automatically, ideally with selectable time (e.g. 1-5 s per slot.) Actually you want this regardless, since showing all data for all slots isn’t possible unless huge display.

Any number of ways to do this, all I know is all charger displays I’ve ever used with standard segmented LCDs as well as all pictures I’ve seen, are all bad. :open_mouth:

1 Thank
  1. Actual real values are more important than user choices. It won´t help to show you the selected current if the charger decide to use a lower current (like the charging current close before end of charging or because of high IR)

2. Showing a voltage is better than a % , mWh isn´t very helpful because the cells have a mAh statement.

3. Similar to Skyrc, but their concept to cycle all values for every slot is one of the best solution.

A state LED for every slot like with Green/Red would be also very helpful

But overall I agree, the S4 Plus have a great display but the concept of showing only the state of one cell is very annoying.

2 Thanks

I think this thread is pointless now that the new Vapcell charger is already out.

1 Thank

Maybe for the V4 model, ??

I really like the S4+ and it does everything I ask it to. It doesn’t charge 26800 which isn’t a big deal since my 26800 lights have built in PD charging. If I could nit pick for a new one though, I’d appreciate 4-5 amp charging on 26800 and an updated display with info for each bay like the Opus or MC3000 or the xtars. Please increase the accuracy of the iR also. I like the idea of status LEDs also.

Yes that’s actually what I meant. You can decide what data to display for each slot. For example you can choose to display a timer and Wh.

Which one is out?

I think this topic is not assigned to the S4+ V3.0, it´s for another Vapcell charger.

For a medium price charger these 3 features alone will make buy a new one:

• adjustable charging speed (0.5A, 1A 1.5A 2A)

• termination voltage : 3.7V, 4V, 4.05v 4.1V 4.2V

• usb-pd power input.

Nice to have: IR measurement, and deeper contact , or spring, for the positive end so my batteries with a dented + can be charged without using a small magnet.

Choosing terminal charging voltage and “storage mode” would be great, but I’ve got another feature I’d like too have in a new charger - built-in cooling fan. I measure capacity of every battery I buy + some older ones to know how they’re holding up. And when discharging 4 batteries at once heat is a problem - I use external USB fan, but my cat loves to play with it and already destroyed one :rofl: I know there is one such charger (4 cells + fan), but it’s expensive one - would be great to have such feature in let’s say 40$ charger.

Something I think the current market is missing is a 100W PD powerbank with field-swappable cells. What I have in mind is heavily inspired by the Xtar PB2 series, but with four cells and up to 20V/5A output to power laptops.

• Four cells - up to protected 21700
  • Graceful degradation of performance with fewer cells (though two high-drain cells are theoretically enough for 100W output)
  • Graceful degradation if cell voltage drops faster than expected/safe
  • A latching or magnetic cover
  • Reasonable handling of mismatched cells
  • Support for the full range of PD voltages under 20
  • At least two USB-C ports and one USB-A port
1 Thank
  • enough space for 26800 cell’s.
  • adjustable termination voltage
  • please: keep the bleep
1 Thank

26800? Keep dreaming. Would make the charger huge. I would buy it but the two of us as customers is not enough justification for them to do it.

1 Thank

https://i.imgur.com/U1MWJCB.jpg?2

I think Vapcell don´t want to design a high price charger which costs a lot in developement and have only a small bunch of customers.

Hope Dennis would be give us updates about the upcoming chargers

I would love some coupons.