Do you have some suggestions for the new vapcell charger?

Emergency power supply function, I occasionally cannot find my phone charger myself, so I use S4 plus to charge my phone

There should be very few users who will use this feature

This voltage adjustable charger is expected to only include functions for high-end chargers

I hope it will be realized in the future

The design principle of Vapcellā€™s charger is that it will power off when fully charged, so it is important to remove the battery as soon as possible

Otherwise, if left in the charger for a long time, the voltage will drop

If the adapter loses power, the USB power supply function may also be activated, which will consume battery power

My vapcell S4+'s powerbank feature failed while using it to charge an external device a few months ago, I took a picture of the burnt IC.

What are your thoughts

Thoughtsā€¦? You are very unlucky with these chargersā€¦ :japanese_ogre:
(I havenā€™t seen this failure mode mentioned anywhere else)

But admittedly, even though I find the power bank function to be of value, I have never used it on any of the several chargers that I have that include the feature. So no help here.

Since this has started up againā€¦
I love the ability to set termination voltage to something less than 4.2v.

Buy Iā€™d really like to see an extra tall leg on the sliding leg of the contacts.
Something that sticks up above the battery far enough that I can grab it with a finger so I can take tension off the spring.
It would make inserting and removing long batteries so much easier.
Also preventing tearing the wrappers when pulling the batteries.
All the Best,
Jeff

3 Thanks

This is the same charger I posted about months ago. I just havenā€™t got a response from vapcell about it yet and wanted to hear what they thought. Something is up with this powerbank outlet, canā€™t just be me. Its rated for 5v 1a but everyone will tell you itā€™ll charge with 2-3amps or more. HKJ noted that as well. Thatā€™s not what I was doing when it failed though. When the IC fried it was instant, as soon as I plugged the usb cable in. Didnā€™t even have a chance to see what current it was going to try.

I would use the powerbank feature like a discharge mode. If I needed to discharge some cells for whatever reason Iā€™d think, why waste all the energy making heat when I can use it for something. Itā€™s eco-friendly. Iā€™m helping the planet lmao. Plus it discharges faster than the actual discharge mode. Not any more though lol

Just for kicks, a bell sound when finished, like an oven sound, old school oven. seems like everything else was already suggested

It is rare to encounter such a fault situation, and it is necessary to send it back for analysis before the cause is expected to be known

IDK, if it is rated for 1A, maybe it is not such a good idea to exceed that. that could be the reason why it failed. it may work for a while, but it only for a little while
I have replaced a usb charging circuit in a fan I build, several times, for that reason exactly, the circuit is rated up to 2A, but iā€™ve been using a wall adapter that is 20watts. it worked few times, charged it fast, then then it burned out. first time i thought, maybe the circuit was defective, second time it failed the same way, i started to suspect it may be the extra current, but when it blew the third time in exactly the same way, i figured that must be it, so i stopped using that wall adapter, and so far it has been running with no issues.

Understandable. Do you want to make arrangements for that? On the chance your analysis determines this fault could occur on future products and can be prevented, or better understood? Or if itā€™s just a one off and not worth additional attention? Just let me know.

Failure was instantaneous

But ā€œinstantaneousā€ after how many times of using the power bank function? As in, how many minutes/hours had you used the function previously?

Iā€™m in favour of supporting 28600 battery charging and torches that use these batteries. From an ergonomic perspective you will choose a power cylindrical grip at these type of diameters and precision tripod grips at the AA sized ones, to me its a natural divider between types for people who collect torches.

1 Thank

Probably around an hour? This was all months ago. Best guess, between 30-45 minutes, total combined. Definitely less than 2 hours total.

1 Thank

Ah yes, I think this each time I charge cells then forget to post here. This would absolutely be a brilliant feature!

Some suggestions from my side (I am using currently the S4+ v2.0) for this proposed ā€˜super chargerā€™ similar to MC3000

• backlit graphical display with UI and easy to read font
  • dedicated buttons for specific functions
  • adjustible termination voltage
  • battery removal after charging should be much easier
  • USB connection for real-time data of the charging/discharging (if possible)
  • discharge current more than 2 Amps for capacity check, at least at one channel (maybe with some sort of protection to avoid discharging small batteries with too much current)
  • optional measurement probes for full 4 terminal measurement
  • if an active cooling is needed, please use a temperature-controlled fan

Thank you very much for your suggestion,

These are some features of high-end chargers

Some parts can be considered for implementation

Currently, * optional measurement probes for full 4 terminal measurement is the most difficult to achieve

Because it is the charger company and the internal resistance meter company that need to collaborate to produce a circuit board

And this feature is very expensive

I personally think it is suitable to purchase chargers and precision internal resistance testers separately

The new charger can easily fit 26800 and 32700 batteries

Sufficient length

Here are the photos

26800 charger

1 Thank

This looks interesting, what is the power source for it? USB-C PD 100w with option for DC barrel jack would be ideal.

Also, can the charge current be selected for each of the bays or is it all 4 at once?

Any details? Only charger or also analyzer?

1 Thank

I think it is the same platform as the Vapcell S4+ since it looks almost the same.