Do you leave your Chargers plugged in?

Yes. I have 4 Eneloop wall chargers that always stay plugged in. (8aa and 8aaa are in them on stand-by).

And my Olight Omni-Dok charger and Tenergy 4 x C/D chargers are always plugged in.

I unplug my charger when not in use

Joshk, thanks for the pic of the SP1 with the kill-a-watt!

Well we all know errors have the greatest impact on tiny measurements like the vampire current I was measuring. But it’s an incredible device for $17. Let me say that again, $17. Here is how it compares to a fully calibrated $500 Fluke 87v with True RMS.

Fluke 87V True RMS Multimeter with AcuCal calibration
123.0 V
0.016 A
60.01 Hz

Kill-A-Watt P3 P4400
123.4 V
0.01 A
60.0 Hz

0.28 PF
2.1 VA

That goes beyond the accuracy I would expect for $17 and makes this an incredible device. ToyKeeper can back this up I bet, but it’s very likely the Amps are truncated for display instead of rounded so they could be much more accurate than this test reveals.

I won’t be tempting fate for more tests.

perhaps HKJ would be interested in testing this?

No, it is a device for measuring US mains, it would not get a fair test on EU mains.

That sucks :frowning:
I’m guessing they don’t make an EU version?

I’m just not setup to do it safely. And I’m unsure how many readers are on this thread. And even if I test the crap out of mine the next point someone will make will be that it’s only the results from one Kill-a-watt. And it’s a good point. Even if mine is incredible, we don’t know if the next one sold is the same. Although with my luck I’d say I didn’t get the only good one. :slight_smile:

I have not seen a EU version.

The main problem is the different frequency (I can handle the voltage). With cheap measuring equipment the difference between 50/60Hz might not be handled very well, that might give errors you will not see when using it in US.

The two professional watt meters I have handles it without problems and they do also handle power levels below 1watt with good precision and resolution.