Do you like cold temperatures?

You guys have Superbowl going on so DEFINITELY worth cold.

I like cool white :sunglasses:

Pest hunters in the United Kingdom would like to know your location :stuck_out_tongue:

I lived in S. Calif my last couple of years of H.S. in the 70’s. Loved the Mediterranean climate. It ruined me and I don’t like snow anymore. I don’t like the winters here, but at least we don’t get severe winters being west of the continental divide and also reap the westerly air flow from the Pacific on occasion. Don’t care for the winter inversions in Utah, but the spring/summer/fall is great. My birthday is March 8th. When celebrating, I just call it my “end of winter” party.

I have never liked the cold. Unfortunately, I live in the coldest, harshest part of Colorado, a place that regularly has the lowest temps in the lower 48 states. The older I get the more I want to move. I find it very strange that going 4 hours north to Denver will land me in much warmer weather.

Nope…the family has a cabin near some very nice ski slopes but ever since cold weather training (–40 and then some) snow seems like no friend o’ mine. I won’t go near that place without mom’s express command.

I loved it when I was a kid though, but once you wake up with frost on your feet and start wondering if you’re looking at some amputated toes it loses its appeal.

I am not the largest fan of cold weather, odd since I live 61 Degrees north.

I will say I am not a fan of anything below –10 Degree Fahrenheit, it just gets painful to be out for over 2-3 hours.

I grew up in Hawaii and now live in Cleveland, Ohio (long story). So no...I hate the cold weather. 'Very much hate the below 0 temps we had last week. I've been here far too long and as soon as I can, I'll move to warmer climates again.

Funny how you lot that grew in hot climates hate the cold, I’m the polar opposite :smiley:

If you don't like the weather .. Just wait

I like 4000K~5000K temps

-10 last week +55 degrees this week

The problem is not so much your weather ..it's the fact you're getting someone elses

No :sunglasses:

I don't like temperatures around freezing because everything melts, then refreezes ad infinitum and is a dirty, wet, slippery mess. Below -5 deg C is pretty alright for me–wearing thermal underwear, boots, layering. I don't remember it ever being too cold to function normally where I grew up–minus 20 perhaps?

When it's really warm–above 30 for me–you can't help it but sweat, smell, wear almost no clothes, and stay indoors. I like the cold because you just have to dress better to be fine.

The humidity makes all the difference? I moved from the coast 250 km inland and it feels much more pleasant, like 5 degrees warmer.

It snowed!

Tonight, it snowed a tiny bit here in far southern Palm Desert.

The elevation here is about 1100 feet, and the snow didn't stick, but it did snow just a little.

Now I have to move somewhere warmer.

I grew up in the deep South on the Gulf coast. Now, still in the South, by God, if the temp is below 50*F I say damn it. Temp is 46*F outside right now. Thermostat is set on 69*, and I have a beanie cap on… inside.

I lived in O-friggin-hio for several years. Damn that.

To answer the question directly… Please, NO.

It doesn’t help to have a plate in my head, either.

I don’t mind the cold, that’s because we can defend against it.

I travelled and sometimes stayed for weeks in places where civilization had just scratched. In North America, we are well defended against the elements. Try sleeping with no air conditioning at 105 degrees. Even worse with humidity. Fans do squat when the bed turns into a frying pan. Or wet blanket.

Or when you are shaking and can’t stop while trying to get some sleep.

I don’t like but don’t care about either extreme, as long as our modern comforts are available.

The beanie is something you got use to and makes you comfortable, not really needed.

My mother thought her head would freeze if the temperture in the house was less then 73. That made the rest of us too warm to say nothing of the heating bills they could ill afford. So on went the beanie and extra sweaters when the thermostat was set to 69.

No real reason then she “felt” cold. Funny though, she wore a skirt in below zero weather and never complained. Go figure……

My wife? She doesn’t care….although she has fallen three times on ice. Never broke anything but serious deep bruises. Including one right now.

I agree I much prefer colder temperatures. You could always put more layers on. Here in Southeastern Pennsylvania it can get hot and very humid and there is no relief except the air conditioning.

Besides that my Siberian Husky thrives in cold weather and both of us loved it.

Dzien Dobry!!! :sunglasses: :+1:

I’m from Alberta so I’ve grown accustomed to 8 months of bad weather and 4 months of nice weather.
Good= 15~30 C or 59~86 F
Bad= –20–40 C or –4–40 F

I have spent much time dreaming of a warmer climate but British Columbia has no jobs and the US immigration requirements are 99.5% impossible for Canadians. Soooo cold it is!

on the upside! COLD TEMPS = LONGER MAX OUTPUT RUNTIME! :smiley:

Go across the border and claim political refugee status. Tell them living under current regime soxs.

HAHA! I’m not familiar enough with how that works but I agree, it seems worth a shot!

Our 10+ year Columbian driver did exactly that before he came to Canada. He did however have a much more believable “current regime soxs” story to tell