do you really care if surefire is sold at walmart or not

Honestly i d rather see Eagle tac fenix nitecore or olight the Walmart s around here i still won't pay what they are asking.

Idc because if i want to buy one then i can use my darn walmart gift cards :wink: Always forget i have those darn things!

Whilst I am not from the US I reckon they will introduce a cheaper range which will be exclusive to Walmart.

Plenty of brands do it at our Bunnings stores over here in AUS. Makita, Kincrome, Caroma etc all have Bunnings exclusive model ranges and they are cheaper and lower quality than their normal lines.

I’ll give you a little experience from my dealings with home depot and lowes.
I live in a small town just outside a larger city. There use to be a local hardware store here, where the people that worked there where local owners, operators and had most of their family working there.
I purchased my entire house package from this local store and they had very competitive prices compared to other stores around, not to mentioned I had known them for 20+ years. They are gone now because, a new lowes was built a half a mile from this hardware store.
Here’s what lowes does that most people may not have been aware of. A large box of drywall screws at my local hardware store, was only a few dollars more than the same brand box of screws at lowes. What’s the catch, hardware store sold a 50lb box and lowes sold a 40lb box. My local hardware store actual sold the screws cheaper by the pound in the large box than lowes. If you looked at the boxes they where exactly the same size and both where the same brand. But the better deal was at the hardware store. They did this marketing tactic with all kinds of stuff, this is just one example. Now I think the box size has been reduced to 25lbs. Most people just don’t realize this and this contributed to my local hardware store going out of business. They have the manufacture’s actually make them special size products that contain less product just for them, that appear to be the same as other sellers. :open_mouth:

Surely those boxes were marked with the weights? I’m sure they are and so I guess Lowes is playing the average Joe as a FOOL. Too stupid to figure out the cost per pound?

Shame on those who stoop to conquer.

I’ve never heard of that happening, but I have heard the more obvious point that they buy and sell in such large quantities that with their discounts they can sell at cheaper prices than ‘mom and pop’ stores. Just like walmart and any other large company really.

Most everyone is looking for a deal, just like here. If you didn’t notice the weight you would think the better deal was at lowes.
Nobody noticed not even me, it was the same brand, same exact size box, it was pointed out to me by one of the owners of the hardware store. And I have personally bought over a hundred boxes from different suppliers over the years, I would guess. 50lbs was the standard box for years (probably around 20+ years) lowes marketing done it intentionally. At least since they have changed to 25lb boxes they reduced the size of the box. :stuck_out_tongue:

i believe the term is built in obsolescence…in a society that depends on 70% of the consumer population buying new crap every 18 months in order to keep up with the neighbors you have to make stuff that wears out or at least has that last years model feel to it so you will be shamed into buying the new cool stuff…

when i had this computer built for me it came loaded with windows m.e…if the day comes that i cannot get online running windows xp pro i will either give up the internet or get a 200 dollar chrome book…

We have the society we deserve. Unfortunately we in the west have spent the last 60 years figuring out how to sell people stuff that isn’t very good, that they don’t really need for the most money. Quality is not on the radar of folk.

Technology really hasn’t helped this either IMO. This idea that if it’s electronic then it’s all the same really bugs me; you hear that line of argument all the time with computers.

I think planned obsolescence is a necessary evil, faced with consumers demanding affordable variety and the latest technological advancements, however incremental or trivial they may be.

Looks like some govts are also applying that very principle to older people through tougher labour policies…

I think there should be a very high tax on all advertizing, but I don’t know how to publicize the idea, LOL.

Even censorship is enough to complain and leave. No need to be a jerk to a new guy because he is irritated with censorship. I didn’t like the attitudes or the censorship myself, that’s why I left. Nobody really “did” anything to me either. No, twogun, you are actually in the majority of people here who left CPF for various annoyances/attitudes, not sure why you are given attitude here, welcome.

Chloe, I think you are in the strong majority of people, otherwise Ikea wouldnt be like that :wink:

That was my beef with the other site. It’s not something I lose sleep over, though, and all’s well that ends well because I discovered BLF!

thank you

I saw some of their gun mount lights. They were well over $200. So no, I don’t care one bit.

+1!

I approve of this thread!

Thank God, I’ve been worried ever since this thread started that you might have a problem with it 8)

Hello BLF. I’m relatively new to LED flashlights, Li-ions, etc. I’ve been reading BLF for months now. I still have much to learn. I enjoy this forum, especially the mod projects!

Re. CPF, it’s not as over-moderated as some of my other hobby forums. I treat those sites as read-only information. I choose to focus my participation toward friendlier / more relaxed environments.

Re. Surefire in Walmart, I imagine the average WM shopper might get sticker shock when looking at a SF. It seems plausible that SF would have to reduce prices in order to keep their brand on those shelves. Perhaps they should spin off a budget brand (sub-brand) for outlets such as Walmart, leaving the original brand relatively uncompromised.