Do you still collect new flashlights?

• Yes, one is none and a dozen is one
  • No
  • Occasionally
0 voters

I don’t understand the question. Do you mean do we collect new flashlights vs used flashlights?

I don’t really collect flashlights… they kind of just appear and demand my attention. So, I guess that’s a “no”?

5 Thanks

+1

I think the question should be narrowed. Whatever the results would be we still won’t figure out what is the conclusion.

The use of the word ‘still’ implies you used to and may still do so in the future.

As mentioned, I dont understand the question as its not written with proper grammer.

“Do you still add flashlights to your collection.” is how I interpreted it. OP should definitely clarify.

It really should say “Do you collect flashlights.”

Like magic😂

If you mean “don’t you sleep at night because tomorrow so-and-so will announce their new light”: NO.
If you mean “now and then a light emerges that should have been on your bucket list, and you buy it”: YES.

2 Thanks

If I discover a light that has something that is desirable, cool, beautiful or has some outstanding feature I will begin thinking about acquiring one. I don’t rush into anything.

2 Thanks

Flashlights collect me.

2 Thanks

Not sure but for some reason they seem to show up in the mail quite frequently…

2 Thanks

Wow, as of right now, 23% voted “No.”
I think those 23% might be on the wrong website. :smile:

2 Thanks

I’m not sure what OP meant, but I still buy a lot of new lights so I’ll guess yes.

When all the lights I have in transit arrive, I think itll be more than 100 of them.

I might be in this camp.

Im financially irresponsible when it comes to flashlights. Planning to get more

:rofl:

1 Thank

I’m still hunting for THE perfect light that fits all my very long check list. Because this light does obviously not exist, I still occasionnally order new lights… It’s a never ending game of compromises.

2 Thanks

When I find something that I really like, I often buy multiples. Usually for giving away. With the sheer number of lights that I have, I have cut back on getting lights just because I want one. It has to offer something much better (LED/driver/UI) from anything that I have to push me to buy.

I’ve never collected flashlights but have been a nerd about them for 20 years. I only buy what I need to use, but I’m particular about them. For example, I have a headlamp modification thread from 20 years ago on CPF.

I currently only two or three working lights (not counting ancient incandescents in the back of a drawer or box): a YLP Gekko headlamp, a D10 style headlamp that I found on the ground/snow last spring, and a Convoy S2+. So only two were purchases, and only a different two are fully working. The S2+ is usable but has had a flaky driver from the start (goes to programming mode half the time when trying to change brightness). It was a replacement for another bad S2+ that died within a week after I got it, so I didn’t bother getting it replaced a second time.

I put off purchases more than buy. My main headlamps for more than a decade have been bike-based ones that can sustain higher lumens for 2 hours, but I haven’t gotten around to replacing the last one which broke a year or two ago. The Gekko is a just barely good enough substitute. I’ve been eyeing getting a Lucifer headlamp for years, but since it’s already near winter solstice, I might put that off until next fall if I go that way. Fall is when my headlamps need to be brightest, for those wet, dark nights in the forest before the snow falls that makes 400 lumens look dim/not enough for running.

Instead of buying, I might try to revive my broken Gemini and/or Yinding bike-light based headlamps (which both have broken drivers), after recently noticing a driver on Kaidomain that might (or might not) work. But I’m not that skilled with the soldering iron, having messed up some repair attempts due to trying to get away with insufficient tools/supplies. I would need to up my soldering game if I want to try that.