Does anyone throw axes?

Toaster79 wrote:

I throw them only at neighbours that make me nervous

Which brings up a good point. If you're going to use a throwing axe as a weapon against people, you better be fast runner and have good cardio for those times when you miss.

Ah, thanks, I hadnt seen that one before. Probably not great for chopping too though.

If I ever used them for that purpose, I do have three. :wink: But no, and it sounds like Toaster’s neighbors are the ones that should be nervous…

Since I’m a cyclist and a really calm guy there arent many axes thrown around here, I’m usually too tire to bother, but …. If my neighbours ever get nervous, they sure know why, and I’m not helpin’ them to take it easy … :wink:

THIS is Axe throwing… :bigsmile:

ImA4Wheelr,

Here is a link to the Gil Hibben that I have. http://www.swordsknivesanddaggers.com/gil-hibben-warrior-throwing-axe-2517.html. It looks like they still have 1 left in stock. It is 16” from top to bottom, and 5 mm thick. I would guess it weighs probably between 1-2 lbs. It’s a lot heavier and thicker than some of the el cheapos that I have ran across. Other than being flat, it’s pretty comfortable to hold and I have no problem chopping small brush and saplings with it. In fact, I cut the 3 saplings that hold my throwing block down with it. The 420 stainless is a little tough to sharpen, but once it gets an edge, it holds an edge. Like I said, it feels very well balanced to me. I can stand about 15 ft. from my block and throw it with 1 revolution and stick it dead on every time. I think I paid around $50 when I bought mine. Well worth it to me. It’s my favorite one out of about 8 or 9 that I throw.

A tomahawks is a type of axe from North America, traditionally resembling a hatchet with a straight shaft.The name came into the English language as an adaptation of the Powhatan word.Tomahawks were general purpose tools used by Native Americans and European Colonials alike, and often employed as a hand-to-hand or a thrown weapon. The metal tomahawk heads were originally based on a Royal Navy boarding axe and used as a trade-item with Native Americans for food and other provision Buy tomahawk axe

Interesting 7 year old thread revival. Must be spam. Beautiful looking knives there Pegasus and loved the history part. https://pegasus-leaders.com/history/ They are the opposite of throwers, so no. For many years my kids and I would throw knifes for fun and sport (till they grew up and moved out). The Gil Hibbens throwing knifes worked good for that. The handle wraps quickly fell off as the next knife you threw came slicing in to the one you just stuck into the wood. We all got real good and could stick them in 97+% of the time. I had a set of Colts as well with rubber handles. Those I would only toss one at a time or try and hit the far side of the target to keep them apart. Even then I still sliced the rubber a couple of times, like trying to put 3 into a 1-1/2 foot sized target. I went back and set it up recently after a few year hiatus and was shocked to learn that I have to relearn how to throw all over. The skill had all went away.