Does Convoy 18350 tube fit S3?

S2+ 18350 tube, does it fit S3?

Anyone know?

Which S3 do you have?
If I remember right old S3 (with brass pill) had different tail thread length.
Upd:

Looks more like S2 tail, not S2+.

I have s3 with the shelf, bought recently, and it works perfectly fine with s2+ 18350 tube.

EDIT: The tube was from jaxman e2l. Sorry.

Thanks kiriba-ru, I haven’t got the S3 host yet, wanted to know before I buy one, so it would be the new style, although Banggood I believe still has both.

Thanks! Exactly what I had hoped for!

I also added this info to the “lego list” in my 18350 flashlight thread. List of 18350 flashlights (currently available)

I have S3 with shelf and it didn’t work with the 2+ shorty tube. It would screw on, but it was not right.

Let me know how yours works out for you.

Oh. Well now there appears to be conflicting reports on this. Not saying anyone’s right or wrong maybe just some production differences. Hopefully someone else that knows something will chime in.

chadvone, how recently did you buy your S3? (g_damian bought his recently)
Also did you try it backwards? I’ve had to do that for it to work on several different brand of lights.

does the 18350 s2+ tube work on a c8?

No.

Not sure when the s3 with shelf came out. I had it a couple years. Yes I tried it both ways. I did screw together but it was not right, It ended up sticking on and I had to destroy it to get it off.

I hope I am the odd man on this one, as want a short S3

You gotta be careful with trying to lego parts together. Even if they have the same thread pitch, one might be triangular and the other square. It might thread on for one or two twists, then start to bind if you tighten it further. Other times, metric might be very close to imperial, but again, thread fine for 1-2 twists but not more.

Also, how many threads might be an issue. When trying to test a switch on a Sofirn light (SP31W?) with an S2+ tailcap, I forgot which way it was, but the S2+ cap worked on the ’31 but the ’31 cap didn’t work on the S2+, or v/v. Ie, there weren’t enough threads to make full contact, so it was like one had a tailcap lockout for not being able to screw all the way down.

So it might “thread on” fine, and all the way, but still not make electrical contact.

So, ultimately, you still gotta try ’em.

1 Thank

OK thanks, maybe the threads has changed in the more recent stock.

g_damian, where did you purchase your recent S3?

I’ve bought S3 from Simon. But… Now when I think about it, the 18350 tube is from Jaxman E2L. Sorry for the confusion.

It’s OK, because the Jaxman and Convoy tubes are basically the same and lego (same threads) I have several of both.

The Jaxman tube is 2.75mm longer, but the threads are same as the Convoy.

Beam0 , are you saying the jaxman 18350 tubes will work on the S3

Would love to have a short S3 again.

Apparently it works “perfectly fine” …according to g_damian…

But It’s a mystery why the Jaxman tube would work and the Convoy wouldn’t, since the threaded areas are the same. Maybe there’s a very slight difference in pitch but I can’t feel it, both seem to have the same amount of “slop” when threading into an S2+ head

I still don’t have an S3 to try…but I have both Jaxman and Convoy 19350 tubes, and although the treads and threaded areas appear the same there are some differences…

The Jaxman is slightly longer (39mm vs 36.3mm) and Jaxman also has a slightly wider I. D. So the Jaxman fits protected cells, and the Convoy won’t.

The length of the threaded areas are the same on either, both tubes fit the S2+ nicely.

I’m quite surprised no one else has chimed in on this by now, it would appear you and g_damian are the only two who have tried an 18350 tube on a S3. Even someone who has an S2+ and an S3 could check for us with the long tubes.

I like the S3 over the other convoy pill lights. Bezel ring and led shelf, lets the heat out faster.

Sorry I misunderstood your last post. Thought you had it figured out.

Yeah i like the SS bezel too…

Nevertheless, it does work according to g_damian

But there’s got to be someone else on here that has a Jaxman E2 and a Convoy S3 to confirm, even try and lego the long tubes.

I have s2+ and e2l with short tubes and s3. Will try to make definitive test later.