Does Vinh operate at a level beyond most of us mere mortals?

Guess you could always cobble together with a rubber inner tube @ 100+ or so Tips to get to 40,000 lumens…just don’t lock em out when you carry… :wink:

Where you gonna stick all those tubes? I’ll bet it’s not going to be comfortable…

You got that right…right.where the Chinese Sun Doesn’t shine…

LOL!

Let the rude buttons light up the sky…another shot of whiskey por favor.

Whiskey Wine and Women. What could be better than that? At our age, a really good flashlight!

Those lights are beyond usable

A light for men with small hands

I wouldn’t mind small hands if I had a big bank account

Despite being a newb to modding these are similar to my thoughts. If I was given a heap of cash and was told I could only spend it on lights and equipment/tools for building lights I think I could come up with some pretty good/silly ideas.

:slight_smile:

It is a pretty crazy video

Yep.

His flashlight capital is the only thing “beyond most of us mere mortals”.

All he did was solder some wires and maybe measure the head to have a heatsink made.

but I’m not jealous or anything

40k lumens is kind of cool as a proof of concept but as the others have said there isn’t anything magical about it. If I was spending $1000+ on a flashlight I would want to see something nicer than a bunch of quads and a couple of mules stuffed into a flashlight.

I like this 175klm more.

Japanese lumens?

I couldn’t help myself, I had to do some rough calcs.

Assuming he is using a modified battery pack…

4x xhp70 @ 3amps = 10,000lm

xhp70 @ 2500lm = 3 amps

xhp70 @ 3amps = 6.3v

3 amps * 6.3v * 4 leds = 75.6w for xhp70 power

32x xpl-hi @ 2amps = ~ 30,000lm (about 940lm each)

xpl-hi @ 940lm = 2amps

xpl-hi @ 2amps = 3.4v

2amps * 3.4v * 32 leds = 217.6w for xpl-hi power

Total power = 75.6w + 217.6w

= 293.2w

NEARLY 300 WATTS !

Now the stock battery is only 7.4v (nominal). The amperage needed would be too high to be practical. A modified battery pack - 8 * 18650 (series) = 33v (assuming that’s what’s inside the stock pack…??) This would bring the amperage from the batteries down to less than 10amps which seems much more doable. So it seems the host is the only thing that is stock to me.

133lm/W is not bad, about the same as a COB equivalent that does that much.

Yeah I think the same. I think there is max output limit for a light to be usable. We don’t need super bright light unless we want to hurt someone :frowning:

But there is no max beam distance limit!!

Just like a lot of Vinh’s lights it’s all about showing off. I’m sure with $1000+ to spend you could get a light that was just as bright and a whole lot more useful in the real world.