DQG 26650 EDC Triple XPG2

If I found it at less than $30 with a reasonable 2 week shipping… It would be exceptionally difficult to resist.

$36.00 @ Banggood with code bgf155

Link: (non-aff)
http://www.banggood.com/DQG-3xCREE-XP-G2-R5-1A-Or-3B-Tiny-Triple-LED-Flashlight-26650-p-910416.html

Just posted my lil review:

Has anyone taken a look at the driver? I'd like to know if the switch is mounted to the driver because a driver swap is basically out of the question if it is. I'd be very interested in this light if I can install this driver, put in a Noctigon and try to see how close to 2000 lumens otf I can get. With 1600 lumens otf with only 5.8A in RMM's S6, I think it's possible, especially with S2's.

It’s not that hard to mount a switch to a driver. Just stick it on with Arctic Alumina.

That won't work if the switch has to be flush mounted to the driver board unless there's enough room in the pill for a floating driver, and there probably isn't enough room given the dimensions of this light.

I actually built one with that driver and an FET last week. Haven't got it back in the light yet but I bench tested it and it will work. I stripped all of the original components off of the board and used the original switch. You could also use 7135s and stack eight chips on there for around 5.8A.

Here's the hard part: the stock light comes wired in series and we need parallel. That's right, the stock driver is a boost driver. The problem is that the optics won't fit a Noctigon 3XP board (the legs are slightly wider) so we are stuck using the stock board and converting to parallel which requires a few extra wires strung across the board. If someone had some optics that would fit a 3XP Noctigon and this light it would be a much easier swap.

Cant just alter the holes for the legs?

Maybe, it looked like there may be enough room but you are cutting it close to the edge of the board; the Noctigon is a smaller diameter than the factory board. I looked at doing it but it didn't look like it was going to turn out well.

Well thats not very nice of it. Bummer.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there's enough room in there for a floating driver. I expected the switch to be the biggest problem, and really didn't expect the optics to have different legs in addition to its wide lens. This might be a good opportunity to take advantage of IS's 3D printing. Use the Russian BLF'rs 4XP direct bonded copper star, a 24mm carclo, and print a washer that will fit between the bezel and optics.

Richard, do you think you could measure the diameter of that lens? I'm trying to see if a replacement might be possible.

Also I missed these pictures because they were posted as links. Of course I feel a bit silly about that since I replied and quoted that guy...

Hmm...maybe the optics from some of these bulbs could be used.

http://www.fasttech.com/category/2201/e27-e14-gu10-mr16-led-light-bulbs

Wait a sec...why do I care about optics? The intent of this light is to be a pure flooder, so I can just insert a spacer to push the emitters up and use a glass AR lens.

I'll keep looking into carclo's for others though.

The DQG 26650 comes with a boost driver?

Sounds like it could make a good host for a 9v MTG2 running on a single 26650. At 5+ amps on turbo it ought to be really bright with one.

Getting a reflector or TIR to fit might be difficult though. Perhaps the bezel could be left partially unscrewed. Or use it as a floodlight with more flood than the stock triple XPG2

Why would you use the 9V MT-G2 as opposed to the 6V MT-G2? The less you have to boost the more efficient it will be. Not sure if it can handle that kind of wattage or not.

There is an extension tube available too (IIRC, $2), I got one and had no idea what to do with it.

Wrong threads…

I was thinking since the voltage coming out of the driver is meant for 3 emitters in series, the 9V MTG2 might be less likely to burn up…. basically hoping to avoid some of the problems people have had with 6v MTG2s burning up when they run on 3 cells. Just a guess on my part though.

Here's a cell phone pic of my DQG Triple FET piggyback driver setup:

I looked on DX for the extension tube and can’t find it.
Who sells it ? Or if you can do a link without
Too much trouble. Thanks

CN Quality Goods sell them for $2 plus delivery.

Double check its the right one first Loading...

However its useless to the stock light. You will kill it with two batteries in series. It might be useful to convert the led to MTG2 requiring 6v or similar.