DQG Hobi Group Buy

I wish it was that simple. For instance, in order to use the charger, you would need the middle piece and the end cap. Just the charger and the end cap are not enough. Or, you would need a through-hole extension and a not-through-hole extension. Or, the middle piece and a not-through-hole extension would also work.

So, the middle piece is the most necessary part, and the not-through-hole extension is the most optional part. The head, middle, and tail come together and are collectively called the “Hobi”. To get the most from the least, you simply need to add a cell and a charger. To get the ability to charge in one hand and shine the Hobi in the other, the least you need is the Hobi, the charger, an extra middle piece (or a through-hole extension), and an extra end (or a not-through-hole extension) plus the two cells.

The Hobi can also use 10440 cells, if you add two through-hole extensions between the head/middle and the tail cap. The charger has a switch on it to change the charge rate between 50mA and 200mA. So, it will work with a 10440 as well. The build would be Charger + middle + 2X through-hole extensions + end cap.

For people who want the maximum configurability, there are lots of parts to buy… individually.

Couple days ago I received the Hobi and the 10180 cell I ordered. And again, I was a little surprised about the size (and I already have a fairy :P).
But I was totally surprised by the output/beam profile. That little TIR-optic really does a great job on focusing the light.

a couple (crappy) phone pics:
A beautiful pair of lights!

Looks very nice!

I’m still waiting for mine to show up… unfortunately GearBest decided to ship it out un-tracked even though when I placed the order their system indicated that tracking was included for free. Amazingly even after bringing this issue to their attention almost a month ago this problem still exists if you try to place new orders, so I’m done doing business with GearBest for now.

I’m still waiting for mine too, but mine has shipped tracked (Sweden Post)… “Direct Link, PostNord Receiving HUB Item received for processing” from June 27. I paid it on 2015-06-21 20:40:05 PDT… on time.

Anyone that has experience with the lighter attachment? (http://www.edc-light.com/dqg-lighter-mini-titanium-alloy-lighter_p1056.html)
I have a Hobi in stainless and the lighter is from titanium but it shouldn’t be a problem, right?
Really like that added future, one downside is that I find it pretty expensive…

I have the lighter, it’s cool although expensive for what it is but i couldn’t resist the option of having the hobi and a mini lighter combined. Only thing is the special adapter was missing from my order so i had to remind Ric to send it to me, which wasn’t a problem. Tracking says it has been delivered so i should get it 2moro when i get home.
I usually carry one of those peanut type lighters on my keyring as a backup to my zippo, this thing is tiny by comparison, love it and the idea of combining it with the flashlight is just genius in my book. :slight_smile:

Do you have the SS version of the hobi? It is not a problemen with the titanium lighter?

You know, i’m not entirely sure? I ordered the ss version but it feels very like Ti. Weighs about 5.6g - anyone got a weight for the ss or ti hobi?
I think they should all be interchangable. Will let you know tomorrow.

Edit - They go together well

I got my hobi today, ordered a month ago at gearbest. I like it :slight_smile:

Do you have any of the other versions? I like how the Hobi has a nice beam profile with the TIR, the thrower of the bunch :slight_smile:

So was it cheaper than the US$20 with battery its available at CNQ for? Admittedly, youd get it a lot faster from GB given CNQs recent history. Wow, $39 for the Zippo like attachment.

I’ve paid less than 20 dollar including battery.

Yep the lighter attachment is pretty expensive, maybe we can do a group buy on the lighter?

Have to say after some more usage I prefer the hobi over the fairy, for me it has a much better beam profile, though I still keep them both on my keychain :bigsmile: .

Everyone has different budgets and amounts they want/can spend but i think it’s worth it.
If you guys could get a group buy going or if a cheaper SS version is made that would be good.

I paid USD 18.43 for the hobi without battery. It was some kind of flashdeal at gearbest, also ordered two batterys separately for a total of USD 2.98.

The lighter is very nice, I will definitely buy it in the future if it comes down in price.

Does anyone know if the charger adapter doodad is ‘smart’ at all? Im assuming HKJ hasnt reviewed it at all?

I know it shuts off completely ie no trickle charge when it’s done (red light goes off) and it’s power consumption declines steadily as the battery charges, assuming it follows a decent curve but this observation is only through a charger doctor type in line monitor, nothing fancy.

It arrived yesterday. The tracking has not changed and it was delivered without receipt.

I ordered it from the Gearbest package deal and finally got it today. Its very small!

is it still possible to get the groupbuy ??

The codes have expired.

Edit: Try this light instead.