DQG Hobi Group Buy

Update: I’m just waiting for GB to give me the price and ensure everything is in stock.

hoping everything is available individually, or in kit form.

If it is pulling down a 90maH cell in 20 minutes, it is pulling ~270ma. Depending on the losses through the lens, that would correspond to a XP-G2 binned R4 or higher for 120lm OTF.

GJHS, any chance you’ve got an update for us? 0:)

following!

Sorry for the delay guys, been out sick all week. I will confirm what’s up tonight. I think they’re waiting to get everything in stock before setting a price. I know they didn’t have the batteries and were ordering them. I will update this as soon as I know.

What kind of charger works with these 10180 cells?

http://www.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_136124.html

Yeah, I saw that. Are there any others?

I don't think so, unless you make one. You can buy a tp4056 chip based charger board powered by micro-usb (1.5 dollar shipped) on ebay and set the current set resistor on a value that makes it charge at below 100 mA.

I made one set to 60mA (2K resistor if I remember well) with two leads with small neodinium magnets soldered to them that stick to the 10180 batteries.

For reading on this board, see: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29427

With 2KΩ resistor is about 600mA.
I have a table… up in minutes.

Yeah it’s fairly easy to make your own charger. This one i made has two pieces of 2.5mm copper wire soldered & bent into place with a resin cradle. I found that the 10180 cells aren’t very good with magnets.

I am interested too for whole package with extensions. Really prefer Ti.

It would also be nice if you edited your First Post with all the updates. That way we don’t have to scroll through it all and risk missing one.

Also, if you complete the GB please PM interested parties as a reminder that it is live along with the pricing.

Thanks for the GB work.

I might be interested in a flashlight and lighter depending on price.

Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well :frowning: take care of yourself and I hope you feel better !

In case anyone is interested, the Veleno Design 10180’s I got from one41 are capable of feeding a current draw of at least 1.5 amps! I know, because I hooked up a bunch of Nichia 119’s in parallel, and direct connected a few different size cells (only one at a time) to see what they could do. I used a cheap DMM with 12ga leads to measure current flow, so there are even some losses. The meter read about 1.5A at the start of connecting to the cell. So, if someone wants to get crazy, you should be able to mod this little flashlight and get a lot more light out of it! J)

I was surprised that this little 90mAH cell could do 1.5A, when on the same parallel group of emitters, a 300mAH 14250 can do 3A, a laptop pull 18650 can do about 6.5A, and a 5200mAH 26650 pushes it to 9.5A. Remember that with the emitters in parallel, the Vf of the group will be a lot lower than one emitter. So you might not get 1.5A to a single emitter. I haven’t tested that yet.

I’m ready to get this GB going! I might get two of the sets (Hobi, charger, and cell). :wink:

I’m interested.
Can’t wait to get the price information :slight_smile:

Nice build CRX!

Another idea is by using AAA battery holder and cut some portion as necesary and glued ’em together.

This is my soon to be 10180 battery charger:

I might have to try that! I have a few cells with no charger, and the official charger for these cells will only take one at a time. The AAA cradle idea is perfect! Thanks!