DQG Hobi Group Buy

I’m still waiting :slight_smile:

+1 I’m glad you said that. I didn’t want to be the one. :wink:

let me express my sentiments also:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

UPDATE 6/1/15
I finally have the GB price and will be PM’ing the people who posted interested. PM me if you’re if you didn’t get my message or you’re new and want the GB price.

I noticed there is a problem with the 2 extensions in the package since one has no hole so can’t be used with the bigger battery. I’m fixing it and will report back on how to get the package I sent.

Should be better savings then $5.20 13% savings.

Go 30% or go home!

could someone please tell me what buying just one extension would enable the user to do?

3 sellers are out of the 10180 cells! Those are the only 3 I know of that sell them. Wassssup?

The extensions are really confusing. There’s closed ends and pass through ends. I think you need two pass-through ends to be able to hold a 10440. As I understand it, the standard closed ends can be used with the charger or you can use them on a keychain by themselves. There’s a third type, they act to terminate the 10140 battery for the flashlight, but then have threads to attach more, making storage space for whatever you can stuff inside the size of the compartment for a 10140 battery, but this space can be further expanded with the pass-through barrels.
See: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36216191416

You can buy cells on taobao, directly from George(while you might stock up on his other offerings) or you can get them here: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1989

The only downside, is shipping delays are extensive with batteries, expect two months max with no Chinese holidays expected with the cheapest/free shipping. The delay also exists on sellers that lie and don’t declare the batteries.

Thanks, one41! That helps a lot!

edit: I couldn’t get the strikethrough to work, so I just deleted the misinformation. I was completely wrong… The Hobi body has three parts. The coupler with male threads on both ends that I mentioned before is actually the middle part of the Hobi. Both the head and the tail can be removed, so the charger can still work. Sorry if I caused any problems with this. :~

@lateotter, I’m looking over all the pictures on Taobao and I seem to at first agree with you that you can’t use the DQG charger with the Hobi. When you buy the charger, you really should buy it with the barrel body. Buying them together on taobao only has the body 10 yuan more instead of 15 yuan. It’s a very worthwhile $1.61 investment to allow you to charge a second battery while the flashlight can still be used, in the case of a Spy or Fairy.

Another thread here showed me the answer to the question I was going to ask you. The Hobi can come apart into three pieces. You need both lower half pieces in order to use the charger. I guess this one needed a middle section to allow for so many extra options.

So no need to have a warning, just unscrew the next part of the body.

You’re totally right. My bad… Thanks for the info and the tip. When I first opened up the Hobi, the tail part came off. The back threads were lubed, so I didn’t even think to try taking the head apart further. I tried just now, and it came apart just fine, so the charger can be used. Curiously, on my unit, the front threads weren’t lubed. I’ll edit my previous post. If nothing else, hopefully this alleviates confusion and frustration for future owners… :wink:

Ok I’m working a bit more to get the deal better and the extensions correct. I should have an answer soon, so stay tuned and I will provide a link to the package.

Anyone prefer the Spy or Fairy? I can try and see if I can get a deal on that one too. I have the Fairy, the brass is very nice.

I know that this GB is for flashlight + extensions.
I wonder if I can purchase just the flashlight + battery with special deals as well because I don’t really like turning an 10180 flashlight into 10450 one.

Well, at this point, you can do one of two things, it seems:

If you have a code, you can go ahead and buy the light. I went to the link posted in the OP here, and found at the bottom of the page, a suggested combination purchase, which included one of everything. I clicked on the suggested combination, and everything was added to my cart. Then, I deleted everything I didn’t want to buy, and applied the GB code. It worked! Apparently, the code is applied directly to the Hobi only. That means a couple things. 1) You can build whatever combo you want and still get the same discount. 2) No GB discount on anything except the Hobi means there is no “advantage” to buying more items.

Alternatively, you can wait a little longer, because GJHS said that he is working on getting a better deal. It may be that the price goes down a little more, and you pay less than I did for the Hobi, even though I used this GB to get one, just like you. My impatience may have cost me a little more money, but I still think I got a good deal, so all is well. :wink:

It looks like Gearbest only has the stainless light. I have a titanium Spy and Tiny, also the cheap special on a stainless Tiny. I think I want brass, I just don’t know how brass might react with my skin though. I’d wear it as a necklace. And now I need to figure out the color difference in the 90-CRI versions on the Hobi.

What I don’t understand is the special combos. I would want two though barrels to use a 10440 if I wanted. I have no need for storage space on the light.

+1

Just tried and it works.
thanks for the idea, DavidEF :beer:

Correct, under each Hobi (NW or CW) you will see a “Buy Together and Save”. That is the package. You can use the coupon code and delete any items you don’t want or need. If you want to use the bigger battery, delete the not through hole extensions and add http://www.gearbest.com/diy-parts-and-tools/pp_182265.html so you have two. The idea is to pick and choose the items you want or need, the coupon code will work for just the Hobi as well.

Thank you for clearing that up. I was confused there.
I didn’t get what package to order. I was starting to think my BLF membership might get cancelled. After all what good is a flashaholic who can’t order flashlights :bigsmile:

PS, thanks for this GB !!

I’m waiting in the fairy arriving would be interested in a second one can you pm me the details please