Dr Jones RGBW F6 Driver Problem Solving

I have not continued my driver flashing lessons. I have been dealing with taxes(we sold a rental house), my phone(ive been out of a phone now for two weeks), and my wife and daughter and I are going to be able to move out on our own, our offer on a humble house has been accepted! This is a big deal for us; we’ve lived with my parents since I first became ill about 6 years ago. I think I am excited, but it is going to take a lot of my energy so I will have to cut back on my flashlight building for a while. However, when we are settled there is a large area in the new house that I will be able to convert into my own flashlight building workshop! No more laying sheets down in my mothers bedroom just to use my dremel for a bit;) Dust will fly, wires will be snipped, and solder fumes will freely swirl through the air like a dancing eel! And when I am done, I will walk away from my mess without a care and I will feel like a man again!!! Maybe I am a bit excited :smiley:

So… I received a new driver as well as another mcu. Thanks dr jones!!! I’ve been able to play with each and I have found that both the new driver and the old driver with the new mcu installed work perfectly. So the problems I was having we’re definatly a result of two defective mcu’s. I still can’t see how dr jones could have forgotten to flash two mcu’s before sending them. There must have been something I did or maybe they were damaged in transit? I was wondering if the magnetism of the automatic letter sorters could have erased the mcu’s? Idk! But I now have a working Roche f6 with rgbw driver and one chip added to each color channel and two chips added to the white channel. I love it! It’s been worth the efforts for sure. Now I’m working on cracking the Easter egg code. Thanks dr jones!

Thanks comfychair! I finally got around to trying again. Your suggestion worked and I now have a couple drivers programmed. Idk why I was so intimidated by the process, it was easier than expected.