Driver Prefrence: Q Lite vs. NANJG 105c

i prefer the design of kaidomain as you mension large solder pads,put i like more the Qlite mods ,i prefer to have 4 real mods instead of 3 ,for me a low-low (50ma) mode is a must ,both drivers have it.

I did not know those KD V2 drivers, seem really nice but a bit dearer than the normal ones.

Interesting: I found that the medium whine also works near blue&white striped shirts!

I would say Qlite, almost perfect modes and the ultra-low 5mA is nice and useful for going to bathroom in the middle of the night without waking up (Convoy S2, XML 5C).
Other 105c´s doesn´t seem any worse, though. Well, i don´t like those Fasttech-stock-blinkers in their Convoys…

Really, the colour of clothing effects the PWM?

Actually Qlite does not whine in any condition unlike the 105C.

Review here

I’d throw the Kaidomain one’s in the garbage where they belong. The 7135 chip layout interferes with the ground ring on the spring side of the board. Zero possibility of screwing down a retaining ring on one of these types of boards.

forgot that KD driver dont have memory (you can enable it if you want).(i hate memory)

I wasn’t trying to say that the color of clothing effects PWM. What I’ve observed with my 105c driven flashlight is that the medium mode whine becomes significantly louder when the light is brought close to certain colors and shined at that color. If I am wearing a red shirt and put the reflector end of the flashlight up close to the shirt, the whine can be heard. My son has heard it as well when he was next to me. We tried it out with different colors of shirts. For us, the red shirt produced the most pronounced effect. There were some colors that didn’t seem to impact the whine. I suspect it is because of the frequency of light that is being bounced back at the emitter, interacting with the PWM frequency. On my light, it doesn’t do it at all when on high mode. If it does it on low mode, I can’t hear it. It’s quite noticeable in medium mode.

The whine in mid mode from what Ive read is common, at least with certain drivers. I wasn’t doubting you, I was just somewhat, not surprised exactly, but it was unexpected. I thought similar things as you suggest, but its way to technical for me.

Qlite best cheap general purpose driver circuit that is easily available.

Typical standard Nanjg 105C firmware. :Sp

It's much more likely that the color affects your hearing sensitivity than that the color affects the electronic components inside the flashlight.

Perhaps you’re right. When my son tried this out with me, he turned away where he couldn’t see what I was shining the light at. This was done using my Convoy S2+, purchased from Bangood. This is the only flashlight I have with this particular driver, and it has the standard 3/5 mode firmware. It does have visible PWM on medium and low.

It doesn’t occur with any of my other flashlights, including the two Qlite equipped flashlights I have. They both have the NLITE firmware.

I have uploaded a video to Youtube. I used a calendar with red and white colors. My hope was to show what my son and I have observed with my Convoy S2+, featuring the stock 3/5 mode firmware. This light’s medium mode whine is much louder when shined at a red surface at close range.

You may need to crank up your volume to hear it, as my iPad’s video quality isn’t the best.

Thanks for sharing scooby214.

At full volume with headphones on, I can hear it. Interesting.

When on red the whine is clearly audible

Spooky, can't think of a reason..

It must have something to do with the frequency of red light and the frequency of the light’s PWM. While visible red light probably isn’t the same frequency as the PWM of the light, they may share a harmonic.

Scientifically, it’s interesting. In usage as a flashlight, it’s a minor annoyance. I’ve seriously considered ordering another driver from Mountain Electronics and swapping it into the S2+. That would get rid of the low mode flash, and allow me to disable mode memory.

Definitely the same driver board, ( Nanjg 105c series ) with the Q-Lite Revision Firmware that has the Moonlight mode with Low, med, High using the 4th star group on the board. Its my favourite of the 105c series drivers. It comes with 8, 7135 / 380ma chips, giving a 3.04 Amp for great output.
I have used many of them in my modded lights, even some with reduced number of 7135s for good runtime in smaller lights.
I just ordered 10 of them from here: