Driver replacement on Manker E14

Hello,
I introduce myself, my name is Luca and I write from Italy. I am passionate about escaping and after following this wonderful forum for years, where I learned so much information and lots of tips on the world of flashlights, I decided to write this first post.

After taking a cue from this comment: TK's Emisar D4 review - #2136 by JIGHEADWORM (comment #2136), I would like to try my hand in replacing the driver of my Manker E14 (= Astrolux S41), with that shown in the comment itself, which should be this, if I’m not mistaken: FET + 7135 Driver - 17mm - MTN-17DDm (FET + 7135 Driver - 17mm - MTN-17DDm).

However, I have no experience in the matter of modifications of flashlights, so before combining trouble I ask you if you can help me giving me ‘step-by-step’ instructions on the operations to be carried out.

Also I have seen that regarding the driver there are some options to choose from:

- firmware: probably I have to choose the BLF A6 which is the one currently owned by the torch;

- turbo timer: which option do you recommend?

• Wires + Spring Option: No Wires or Spring Installed, Wires Installed (No Spring) (+ $ 0.85), Spring Installed (No Wires) (+ $ 0.85), Complete | Wires + Bypassed Spring (+ $ 1.50). Here is absolute ignorance, I do not know what these options are, what should I choose?

I thank the Happy Holidays Greetings from now on.

Greetings,
Luca

!

!

I would go with the Bistro UI
wires with spring bypass attached to driver

driver replacement in easiest way
unscrew retaining ring
unsolder 2 wires
solder new driver to the MCPCB
get the retaining ring tight again

Hi Lexel,

thank you very much for your suggestions, now I know which options to choose.

Best regards :-)

Ahh… Italy… One of my favorite countries. I’ve spent a lot of time rock climbing in the Dolomites, Arco & Sarche, Valle dell’Orco, Aosta Vally and Oltre Finale area (Albenga). Great climbing, coffee and ice cream :slight_smile:

In regards to turbo timer, I would rather choose the temperature sensor option. I’d rather have the light step down when it needs too, rather than a set time which may be too early or too late.

Hi Mike C,
I see you’re from Sweden. Look, I would like to combine the civilization of the Swedish people with climate, food, art, etc. of Italy: I think it would be a wonderful country! :heart_eyes:

Thanks for your advice, combined with the suggestion of Lexel, if I have not misunderstood, I will go with these options:

- Firmware Bistro;

- Turbo timer Bistro / D4 / Cresc. (temp sensor, no timer);

• Wires + Spring Option: Complete | Wires + Bypassed Spring.

Best regards :slight_smile: