DRY Group BUY from cnqualitygoods.com

Tell me Leelou, what part of my predicament has anything to do with shipping? Also I think 7 days is plenty of time to drop something in the mail, hell I think it is plenty of time to at least send a conformation on an order.

wait, you mean that it sometimes take a long time for something to be delivered from the other side of the planet? Say it isnt so! haha just teasing. Bummer on the lights that got held up. I figured a month for delivery anyhow and by the time it gets home that will be about right. It just makes me appreciate the registered mail option more since at least you can see it stuck or moving. My manafont order at roughly the same time is not going any faster. The batteries I order last made it in first and such is the luck of the draw in international shipping.

I cant wait to try the light out. The fact that is has some throw to it is a real bonus that I didn't understand at the time of order. Those of you who got it dont be afraid to post up a few pics. This is a exciting light for sure.

I agree JM, any orders not shipped by now, or the 7 people whose orders were returned to the warehouse by HKPost should be contacted.

Again, its back to communications. I don't think any communication is coming because Ric is off until 1/30. So its time to wait patiently.

it's time to complain about an order that saved you money but you have to wait for it a few weeks due to customs.

Personally, I'd like to thank Ric....I was one of the lucky ones who got there light, to those waiting..all I can say is it's worth the wait.

Anyone who files a dispute won't win anyway, it has tracking on it and will have arrived by the time Ric has to respond.

Communication may not have been the best, but chances are this group buy increased the work load by a huge amount at an already busy point in the year, all those suggesting the timing was poor, lets not forget we asked for it...and we asked for it ASAP.

Just some points for you to consider before you complain and nag.

I have found the post to be surprisingly good this year. I waited months for deliveries this time last year. You can't blame Ric if parcels were returned to him (unless he got the address wrong). We are all at the mercy of the postal system. I have bought from Ric at least ten times without issue. I never check tracking until around the 25 - 30 day mark but usually the parcel has arrived before then.

Really, I don't think the problem was with Ric in this case. We asked for the group buy, not Ric. The majority of us new CNY was nearing. I still say there's nothing wrong about complaining and venting since we're only human, but let's be careful who/what we're directing it at. Most got tracking numbers from Ric a few days after purchasing. We just had to deal with the bogged down HKP this time. I'm annoyed my package had to wait in HK for two weeks before finally being shipped but there's nothing Ric could do about that. It's mostly frustrating because people how not only ordered the same day as me but also AFTER me already get to enjoy their lights haha. That, and I was so excited when I started organizing this thing with Ric

I'm just happy so many members were able to participate and enjoy such a great light at an affordable price. That was the goal!

I haven't read every post in this thread. But it seems to me that only a couple of people are complaining. Most of us appreciate Ric and appreciate the Group Buy that he offered us. People who think there is a lot of complaining going on need to realize the difference between complaining and voicing one's frustration over not knowing the status of their shipment and having no way to get more information. The people who talk about all the complaining are really the one's doing most of the complaining.

I think we can all agree on one thing.

Ric has communicated to us much better than DX, FP, MA, etc would. At least we can understand what he's talking about when he replies to us. Even if it's slow.

Right, as what I have said sometimes problems like this happen but Ric should have been more forthcoming.

里克也许繁忙的中国妓女拉皮条

If you're referring to me just read my posts. I CLEARLY said it's okay to complain and vent about the time delay. All I said in response to that is to be careful about who/what we direct our complaints at. Heck, I even voiced my frustrations in a few posts. This isn't a soap opera. I think we can all move on from this.

Hi Wieser, No,I was not referring to anyone in particular. Just making a general observation that some people here are referring to complaints as if complaints are running rampant on this thread. I do not find that to be the case. A couple of people have complained and threatened a PayPal dispute, but everyone else is just frustrated with the process and waiting patiently for their light to arrive(like me).

I agree, lets move this discussion along to something more constructive.

translation?

A bit rude according to Google Translate.

是粗魯

That's uncalled for and just plain mean. Let's be more considerate.

Ok thanks!

Yes unnecessary.

lets keep it nice.

lol! I was wondering how many people would take the time to translate it.

Not meant to be taken seriously though, just trying to add some humor into a thread that's getting a little "on the edge" lol

I sent Ric a PM a couple of days ago and he let me know the same thing about a few packages getting stuck in HKP customs and not making it out before the holiday. As I have yet to receive a tracking number or any other info I think that includes mine..

I agree that it would be good of him to contact those whose packages will be delayed, but it is harsh to blame him in any way for it. We got cheap shipping included in a very good price and knew we were ordering close to CNY so I'm ok just to sit it out. If I haven't received anything by Feb 15th though then I will be getting impatient.

My latest tracking info. Looks like mine made it out before the Hong Kong Post shut down for the holiday. :) The item (RT124194198HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 22-Jan-2012